Toronto 1117 Gerrard East | ?m | 5s | Woodgreen | LGA Architectural

July 21, 2020

20200721_120051.jpg
20200721_120120.jpg

This is shaping up to be a great looking new addition overall. Woodgreen have some understated gems in the city. Their building at 717 Broadview is another one of my favourites.

You and I agree on much.

Moreover, I wasn't' expecting much in this spot.

But 'great looking'? Really?

I mean, I've seen a lot worse..........

But I can't get to great here.........or anywhere all that close.

You and I agree on much.

Moreover, I wasn't' expecting much in this spot.

But 'great looking'? Really?

I mean, I've seen a lot worse..........

But I can't get to great here.........or anywhere all that close.

For me, it's the context of this building. Mid-rise, missing middle-esque, affordable housing spaces, on an outer peripheral of a semi-important arterial street. The western half was clad first, and I personally find the material to be of reasonably fine quality when viewed up close or in person. Once of the eastern side gets its bricks cleaned off, I think this will come together well enough.

For me, it's the context of this building. Mid-rise, missing middle-esque, affordable housing spaces, on an outer peripheral of a semi-important arterial street. The western half was clad first, and I personally find the material to be of reasonably fine quality when viewed up close or in person. Once of the eastern side gets its bricks cleaned off, I think this will come together well enough.

I'm perfectly happy to say it's well done.

Just not sold on 'great' yet...........but I'm open to being convinced! LOL

Have to agree with AlbertC here and echo some sentiments. I live nearby and think it's rather complimentary to the neighbourhood, especially given there's nothing particularly modern-adjacent along this stretch of Gerrard. The chosen materials—for the exterior at least—all seem to be high quality and well-executed—have to admit, I'm happy to welcome this handsome little mid-rise addition.

Back