Mississauga 1110-1170 Central Parkway West | ?m | 1s | Carttera

It’s pretty close to Erindale GO. But Erindale GO only has peak train service sadly. It does seem like an unusual location for distribution centers though.

April 23
1682421838557.jpeg

1682421875031.jpeg

I took these yesterday. It's odd seeing this section of Central parkway a little more built up, but it's refreshing to see something new coming here, even if this isn't a very exciting development by its own nature. These are quite massive structures as you can see below:
monday-westbound_53053068447_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53053068582_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53053657201_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53053657206_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53053657341_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53054034945_o.jpg
monday-westbound_53054035035_o.jpg

Modern warehouses are usually 40ft clear ceiling heights, so about 4 residential storeys tall. Which is why this seems so massive.

Some are even taller - Walmart just built a distribution centre off the 400 in Vaughan which looks 60-70ft tall.

Modern warehouses are usually 40ft clear ceiling heights, so about 4 residential storeys tall. Which is why this seems so massive.

Some are even taller - Walmart just built a distribution centre off the 400 in Vaughan which looks 60-70ft tall.
I think part of the reason also lies in that the square footage is quite high (i.e. large floorplate) for a single floor building. Especially compared to what's neighbouring these buildings.

I know this area is kinda industrial already, but I guess it really shows how industrial buildings have changed in the last few years, in that these buildings really stick out.

I see them from the train and I drive by them often enough. They're not exactly pretty. I'm not sure I'd call them block-busting, but in a way they are.

I hope there's some landscaping they can do (trees maybe?) to hide them from the road lol. Probably not enough can be done to hide them.

I know this area is kinda industrial already, but I guess it really shows how industrial buildings have changed in the last few years, in that these buildings really stick out.

I see them from the train and I drive by them often enough. They're not exactly pretty. I'm not sure I'd call them block-busting, but in a way they are.

I hope there's some landscaping they can do (trees maybe?) to hide them from the road lol. Probably not enough can be done to hide them.
Ain't hiding that thing unless you bury it.

Back