Toronto 110 Eglinton East | 236.55m | 58s | Madison Group | Rafael Viñoly

Another pretty cool rendering:

90-150EglintonEHeroNE1280.jpg

I really like the design. It seems simple enough that they won't have to 'value engineer' anything either, or at the very least it can be kept to a minimum.

The splash of colour is welcome in this area. Would be great if the 2nd set of towers had a different shade.

Further to @Tuscani01 's post above the applicant's own documents explicitly mention the collaboration with Planning and Urban Design. I posted it; here:

This is the key paragraph:

View attachment 558949

Also, this proposal has been explicitly endorsed by Councillor Matlow.
Just because they had the workshops for the city doesnt mean that the city agreed to it. I have a hard time believing that the city agreed to building with no stepbacks with floor plates of over 1000m2 up to 31 & 38 storey's, and then Madison agreed to floorplates of only 500m2 for the remainder. Dont get me wrong, Iove how these look, but I just dont see them getting through both the city's review, or the Madisons internal review.

Just because they had the workshops for the city doesnt mean that the city agreed to it. I have a hard time believing that the city agreed to building with no stepbacks with floor plates of over 1000m2 up to 31 & 38 storey's, and then Madison agreed to floorplates of only 500m2 for the remainder. Dont get me wrong, Iove how these look, but I just dont see them getting through both the city's review, or the Madisons internal review.

With great respect you have been told what the City has agreed to.

It's not a guess. I'm certain.

Whether Madison builds this, as currently envisioned is another question entirely.

There is a certainly risk of VE'ing as much discussed above. But the massing, height, and public realm elements are agreed to and will pass.

Last edited:
Renx article on this project:

Newsy bits:

1) Vinoly is design architect but T-F will be Architect of Record simply because Vinoly have no license to practice here.

2) Tenure (Rental vs Condo) is undecided.

3) Phased project, but some hope to get a shovel in the ground by the end of next year.

Last edited:
With great respect you have been told what the City has agreed to.

Its not a guess. I'm certain.

Whether Madison builds this, as currently envisioned is another question entirely.

There is a certainly risk of VE'ing as much discussed above. But the massing, height, and public realm elements are agreed to and will pass.
Can you link to a staff report that is supporting the application and the proposal cause all i've seen is the applicant's planning report.

Can you link to a staff report that is supporting the application and the proposal cause all i've seen is the applicant's planning report.

There are no more preliminary reports. So the staff report will be the Decision Report, which won't be public until its on the TEYCC agenda. Its not on the next agenda, but I would imagine it will be on June or July agenda.

Renx article on this project:

Newsy bits:

1) Vinoly is design architect but T-F will be Architect of Record simply because Vinoly have no license to practice here.

2) Tenure (Rental vs Condo) is undecided.

3) Phased project, but some hope to get a shovel in the ground by the end of next year.
That's just a lie.

That's just a lie.

I don't doubt you PE.

I know you're a very reliable source.

I also understand the challenge in elaborating all that much.

That said, if you could add some colour here, it would certainly be appreciated.

As a side note, does Madison actually have any residential rental in their portfoliio?

Back