Toronto 11 YV | 213m | 62s | Metropia | Sweeny &Co

You must be from Rio Can because only a Toronto developer would take criticism of a new building this negatively.
Or maybe I'm part of the solution, trying to play a part in dealing with this housing crisis while the clowns in the peanut gallery do nothing but engage in useless talk. And no, I'm not RioCan. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this building. In fact that diagrams look amazing and just like The Well, RioCan's developments tend to look even better than the diagrams once complete.

He definitely is. 90% of his posts are defending mediocre RioCan projects.
Mediocre huh? Well then you must be really good at this. Show us your projects so we can compare. What's that? No projects? You are like music critics, basically frustrated wanna-be musicians that couldn't make it so all you can do is criticize. Others build while you attempt to destroy. If you're going to trash something, show us your work so we can compare.

Unless they put their money where their mouth is, their opinon doesn't matter.

There's a housing crisis and people and companies are out there working trying to make things better and the best these clowns can do is sit on a website and be spectators in the peanut gallery.
...sitting on a website and trolling a flame war is far more pointless though. /shrug

Mediocre huh? Well then you must be really good at this. Show us your projects so we can compare. What's that? No projects? You are like music critics, basically frustrated wanna-be musicians that couldn't make it so all you can do is criticize. Others build while you attempt to destroy. If you're going to trash something, show us your work so we can compare.
Troll of century award goes tooooo........ @HowarkRoark 👏

Or maybe I'm part of the solution, trying to play a part in dealing with this housing crisis while the clowns in the peanut gallery do nothing but engage in useless talk. And no, I'm not RioCan. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this building. In fact that diagrams look amazing and just like The Well, RioCan's developments tend to look even better than the diagrams once complete.

???

IMG_1342.jpeg

I think this might be one of the few examples of a tower cladding that looks better close up than it does far away. Further away, I was immediately thinking it was OSB panels filling in gaps in the glass. It has an unfinished look that is only really resolved once you pass by it at street level.

Off-topically: I am curious about these "professionals" who come here to finger wag how we're getting it all wrong. It's not the first time this has happened...does that not do the industry a disservice as a whole in the PR? I mean, it doesn't seem very professional moving the discourse to the ad hominem, mud slinging and gutter, to put it mildly. Clown shoes indeed.

you strike me as the type of person who would seriously make this argument:

Literally everyone: I think beating children is wrong.
HowarkRoark: You've never had children, so you have no right to judge other people's parenting.

You're welcome to do your part in solving the housing crisis. It doesn't mean that your buildings must look like fecal matter though.

Are you building actual affordable housing, or largely market rate condos? Because if it's the latter you're doing nothing to help the housing crisis. Instead of patting yourself on the back and getting salty on an online urban development forum, you could spend that energy more productively.

Also it's extremely suspect that you would defend this and other RioCan projects so vehemently if you didn't have some stake in them. Perhaps you're a frustrated wanna-be architect/developer/whatever whose buildings get dragged online so all you can do is criticize those giving their opinions? To use your logic.

The funniest part about this back and forth is when I first started following this build. I think it was on the 15th floor. I thought it was the worst build I had seen. 5 minutes later I quit on social and church got proven wrong. But as this building has gotten taller, I like it more and more. Can't wait to see it finished

Are you building actual affordable housing, or largely market rate condos? Because if it's the latter you're doing nothing to help the housing crisis. Instead of patting yourself on the back and getting salty on an online urban development forum, you could spend that energy more productively.
Off-topically again: No, this has really nothing to do with affordable housing, whatsoever. And the poster here probably knows that.

...and it's gets pretty frustrating that folks who argue this in bad faith about this issue, really don't care about it otherwise. At all. It's just a ploy to get the high five /upvotes for the politically correct trolling, IMO. /bleh

I cant imagine itd be any more expensive to have made the mullions black or spandrel brown. Instead of the aluminum mullions clashing with the glossy black.

It's not that it's just cheap, but it's also lazy design.

Back