Toronto 11 Pleasant Boulevard | 62.75m | 19s | Resident | BDP Quadrangle

Just as @ProjectEnd promised.....she's arisen from her coma............. a year later. @Paclo

Now at 17s

From the Cover Letter:

1724248886724.png

From the Planning Report:

1724248993027.png

And updated renders for @3Dementia

1724249094953.png

1724249116026.png

1724249157185.png

PE seems to have good insight on this one so I'll ask a silly question and see if he's able to answer.

I like this proposal well enough, but given that the adjacent Green P garage is being declared surplus and made available for redevelopment.........wouldn't it make sense to consolidate those parcels and come back w/something much taller?

All I can really say here is I have no idea why they submitted this as it's not what is planned overall here (unless it's multi-phased, but that makes things ever-more complicated). This site is separate from the Green P which will be coming to market as a CreateTO site when the time is right.

All I can really say here is I have no idea why they submitted this as it's not what is planned overall here (unless it's multi-phased, but that makes things ever-more complicated). This site is separate from the Green P which will be coming to market as a CreateTO site when the time is right.
To keep things moving in the event the ‘overall’ doesn’t pan out.

Are they considering this still as a market rate rental or it might be sold off as condominium units when the market picks up again...

Front Page story on this one from Stephanie Calvet:

Totally agree.
To keep things moving in the event the ‘overall’ doesn’t pan out.
I think this comes down to CreateTO sadly failing to capitalize on comprehensive redevelopment opportunities not necessarily due to a lack of trying, but rather due to staffing shortages, competing priorities (like Housing Now) and likely a lack of experience/expertise in house; as opposed to Resident/Plaza stubbornly going off on their own to make this work. There are multiple slam dunk, city owned sites like this across the city in fantastic locations that CreateTO could sole source to abutting landowners/developers who have experience and let them comprehensively plan + redevelop. They just did it with Collecdev at 267 Merton. At least it's starting to happen, though there have been a lot of missed opportunities. @HousingNowTO can probably write a dissertation on this.

I think the other big thing that complicates redevelopment of Green P here (and likely a few other nearby sites) is that the subway runs immediately beneath it

Back