Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

6CA024EF-C7BE-432A-ACCB-CA7B187D1E19.jpeg
C3FAB8E0-2680-48B9-A0DB-D7CA18FF9393.jpeg
0E407910-C5F4-426C-9050-FEAD2E448056.jpeg

Ground level is coming along. Outside from the northern green glass, this ones a winner baby!

side note, I really love the mix with the Sugar Factory, gives the area some personality. They just need to fix up the street level presence.

this ones a winner baby!

I dunno, it's of a better material quality and has better detailing than most of what's gone up in the Southcore (and most of what is currently planned for this stretch of the waterfront), but that to me shouldn't be the bar here.

I do appreciate aspects of the building, but it's far too bland for its location; the aspiration should be higher here and I feel like this one's getting a pass more as a result of the crisis of low expectations rather than genuinely well earned merit.

Yeah i guess there are many here that don't like a buildings design because of the location?
this location is starting to pick up but far from being a great location, hey maybe in 20 years we could all say that it didn't turn out that bad for once a derelict area

Is the LCBO main retail store moving into this development? It would make sense so they can demolish the existing store and start that new construction.
The LCBO can always be down one store and it'd be no big deal, it's moving the head offices over that's the bigger deal here. Where current store is, is just going to be a park, but where the current head offices are will be where the second phase residential towers (and mixed-use base) goes.

The LCBO can always be down one store and it'd be no big deal, it's moving the head offices over that's the bigger deal here. Where current store is, is just going to be a park, but where the current head offices are will be where the second phase residential towers (and mixed-use base) goes.

Yeah when i am saying business i'm also talking the LCBO head office, so Menkes can get down to the 2nd phase

Full speed ahead.
New face shields, some in use. Nice.
02CE4032-5CF7-4507-ABB3-4AE8586209EB.jpeg

Are they feeling a little guilty for working? I guess they did have a “We the North“ sign/flag posted around this time last year. Healthcare workers seem like a more appropriate hero.
257A07AA-7A5A-4771-90B1-DF8B16452175.jpeg

How is this project continuing to move forward? I was under the impression office projects were not included in the Ontario Government's list of construction that could continue? The only possible explanation I can think is that with LCBO being the anchor tenant and that 'critical provincial infrastructure' can continue construction, but I wouldn't classify their new headquarters as that.

Curious to know if , during the planning and approval stages, any studies were done to assess the potential of bird collisions, and if any design elements were required by the City to mitigate fatalities. Though having no special knowledge in this area, it seems to me that this slab tower, right off the water with highly reflective blue glass, will be particularly effective at ending many flights. Anyone?

Back