Toronto 10 Ruddington Drive | 43.33m | 14s | Novi Properties | StudioAC

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Some tower-in-the-park apartment community intensification up in the Bayview & Ruddington area, which is about half way between Finch and Cummer.

10 RUDDINGTON DR
Ward 17: Don Valley North

Zoning bylaw Amendment to retain the existing 14-storey rental apartment building with 155 residential units, construct a 14-storey rental apartment building with 182 residential units, and construct a 10-storey condominium apartment building with 131 residential units. Total 468 units. Parkland dedication proposed. 101 proposed vehicular parking spaces. FSI = 2.15.

rudding.JPG

Last edited:
I've been on foot through this area many times.

Based on my observations, I'd rather the parkland dedication be directed toward improvements to the East Don Parkland: formalized desire paths, better seating/picnic areas, better sightlines for bikes and peds to avoid near misses.

There may also be an opportunity to improve access to and through the Sawley Banstock Greenbelt park thing.

Buy out 1-2 houses at the NW and SE ends, add modest park entrances and run a paved path end to end (if the flooding/elevation allows).

1692076777810.png

It's a large area, comfortably 5+ acres and could make for a really neat local amenity. But walking past on the street, you'd hardly know it was there. NW corner at Sawley and Banstock:

1692076935068.png

SE corner at Banstock:

1692077001194.png

You'd think it's just part of someone's backyard.

There's also an opportunity to leverage this greenspace for the dev app at 630 Finch East. Hmm, maybe add the s.37 and 42 money from that site to 10 Ruddington and make the above greenspace into a usable park? Kill multiple birds with one stone.

P.S. Totally didn't pick up doing this style of post from Northern Light lmao.

Back