Markham 1 Steelcase | 14.49m | 1s | QuadReal | Ware Malcomb

investican

Member Bio
Reaction score
1 Steelcase Ave W (Liberty Dev., 16 + 2s, Kirkor)

Liberty purchased the site 2 years ago and use part of the building as their head office.

Interesting plan but I think the site can handle much more than what is being applied for (even with the above ground parking structures...)

a1kdb6.jpg

It's good to see some more density in low-density employment zones like this, but I think anything taller should be along Highway 7 or in Markham Centre.

It's good to see some more density in low-density employment zones like this, but I think anything taller should be along Highway 7 or in Markham Centre.

Honestly this should go on Hi-way 7 not here ...

While the height may sound high, this area is no stranger to large office complexes, IBM Canada's head office is located just to the south, along with another massive TD complex. Each building is 500,000+ square feet. (Liberity campus, or something).

It's funny, if this goes ahead, their 'technology campus' building on the south side of steeles—a second phase has been planned for a very long time now, but no takers ... essentially the exact same area, makes you wonder ...

Saw this poster while driving by on Monday, Can't seem to find anything online. sorry for the blurry photo, only had my Iphone with me.

D298E457-0134-40CF-8759-8A96F0F7E595-7647-000010AB3503A571_zps5bf531cf.jpg

There are several 400K + office buildings in that area of Markham ... the giant IBM Canadian HQ building, the giant TD back office building ... all 500K+ ... but shorter of course.

Liberty is now only planning a 10 storey, 200,000sf office building. There will be a second phase with an exact mirror of the same building, apparently, at some point in the future. The building will be 47.4m tall.

1 steelcase.JPG

Attachments

• 1 steelcase.JPG
    1 steelcase.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 531
In 2022, Steelcase Road West Holdings Inc. applied to rezone from “Business Corridor” (B.C.)(H1)(H2)(H3) back to “Select Industrial” (M). The permit is for three industrial warehouse buildings.

Half of the existing building will be demolished, 2 new industrial buildings.

Demolition/Construction has already started. With availability of the buildings for lease between Sep 1, 2024 and Mar 1, 2025.
Conceptual Site Plan.jpg

Floorplan.jpg

Conceptual Site Plan.jpgFloorplan.jpgRender1.jpgRender2.jpgRender3.jpg

Back