Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Hmm. That is awkward. Though I'm not sure there's anyone to blame. This is a simple case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing, which seems understandable given that we're dealing with two separate developments.

That being said, the sidewalk around York is finally coming closer to completion. Great to see.

Yes, that's going to be a great forecourt area and foyer. With all the hoarding around them for ages, and always just looking into the sky and admiring the shear heights and volumes here, I forgot that these towers actually meet the street and will have landscaping and pedestrians at their base haha!

Yikes, I too am concerned about Ten York blocking these towers. The original Ten York was great but the new version is a bit basic. I do like it but don't want it to block Ice.

Uh-oh, over 24 hours without new pictures of Ïce. This will help: these are from the last couple of days from Leslieville;

DSC03451.jpg
DSC03513.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03451.jpg
    DSC03451.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC03513.jpg
    DSC03513.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 609

From the lake is where these towers really shine. This is the biggest impact the Lake view has seen since the Ritz and RBC complex took shape and I think ICE elevates our skyline immensely with their sleek-and-slender profile. The upcoming Harbour Plaza towers will also share a very similar in form which visually should place a lot of emphasis and improve the verticality of our skyline next to the CN tower.

Ten York, unfortunately, will block much of Ice from the lake; such a shame. We finally get some stunning towers to add to the lakefront view of the city, only to have the tallest of the two blocked by another run of the mill building.

Back