Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

April 6

IMG_2593_zps9edee394.jpg

IMG_2595_zps6603cdb4.jpg

in that last photo ^ amazing how densely packed this area of the skyline has gotten over the past few years (and will continue to do so). Those future renderings of the skyline from the Humber are really coming true. Oxford Place will look great in that photo (it'll really hit the sweet spot from this vantage point)

The skyline is becoming more striking in its size, but it seems that a lot of the minimalist glass condos don't look that interesting from a distance--more like visual clutter than anything else.

I wonder if brick could become a viable alternative if companies could hire brick layers from some third world country through temporary work permits. They might get lucky and attain citizenship when city council votes to secede from the country in 2014 :)

Last edited:
That magical faraway land known as southwestern Ontario might have a few. Petrolia never became Dubai. Maybe we should restart a blast furnace at the Brickworks. "This is how children worked in...Billy, get away from that thing!"

Last edited:
I kinda think that 300 Front could have been awesome if it was a little bit taller than planned, like at least 6 more floors ..... that could have given it a sleek handsome tower !!!
Sorry for making such comment in a wrong thread; I couldn't resist to respond to that view.....

I kinda think that 300 Front could have been awesome if it was a little bit taller than planned, like at least 6 more floors ..... that could have given it a sleek handsome tower !!!
Sorry for making such comment in a wrong thread; I couldn't resist to respond to that view.....

I believe it was originally planned to be taller, but was ultimately chopped down by city hall. Remember, their job isn't to ensure that buildings have correct proportions, just the skyline - when viewed from certain angles. I think it's a fair trade overall to sacrifice building aesthetics in our city so that people looking at the skyline from their living room in Etobicoke can appreciate its resemblance to a pyramid. [/Sarcasm]

On that lot (16 York) were another box is planned......Cadillac Fairview should just negotiate with the city for more density somewhere else, and give that parcel to the city for a public square:cool:

I wonder if brick could become a viable alternative if companies could hire brick layers from some third world country through temporary work permits. They might get lucky and attain citizenship when city council votes to secede from the country in 2014 :)

I'm sure there are many examples of this happening, and I can give one. My first condo is mostly brick and they brought in Bulgarians to do the brick laying, and that was back around '96.

I'm sure there are many examples of this happening, and I can give one. My first condo is mostly brick and they brought in Bulgarians to do the brick laying, and that was back around '96.

I had no idea this kind of stuff actually happened, but I guess with 300k temporary workers in Canada now, it makes sense. Thanks for the info, dt.

On that lot (16 York) were another box is planned......Cadillac Fairview should just negotiate with the city for more density somewhere else, and give that parcel to the city for a public square:cool:

Not sure I agree with this. Roundhouse Park is not even a block away.

Back