Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

January 7th:

CIMG5313_zps0e9cbd20.jpg

CIMG5320_zps2a69d486.jpg

CIMG5328_zps4731a691.jpg

CIMG5330_zpsbe63ca7f.jpg

CIMG5336_zps78556cf4.jpg

I'm really eager to see how they top these towers off. If I recall correctly, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the crowns have been redesigned and now look more "Scandinavian". If so, it's a little surprising that renderings haven't leaked.

I'm really eager to see how they top these towers off. If I recall correctly, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the crowns have been redesigned and now look more "Scandinavian". If so, it's a little surprising that renderings haven't leaked.

I agree, I also doubt we'll see any renderings released this late in the game. We'll probably just have to wait and see what they come up with... There are probably blue prints of them laying around in some construction shed down by the site... only they know

Dr.-Evil.jpg

and ya, looking killer from University! sucks how it sorta dies down in height as you approach Front St. so ICE is VERY welcomed in the background

I love the profile of these buildings but I can't tell if the glass is green'ish or blue, it seems to depend on the shot. In SkyJack's terrific photo above Hamilton and the escarpment can be seen off on the horizon!

To me it looks more of a metallic type of blue. The juliet balconies on the other hand are more greenish looking, much like Maple Leaf Square.

ICE-12-01-2013.jpg

When standing outside of the building, in my view, the balconies seem to take on an icy white color while the glass resembles an icy blue. I've tried to compare the glass with that of the neighboring buildings and I don't see the greenish-blue color (fortunately) that others seem to have. I don't think the pictures really capture the colors as well as when viewing the buildings in person......but, I could be wrong.

I am sure it has been discussed before lots of times.. but I can't find an answer. What is that large concrete wall for (bottom right corner)?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Back