Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

How much further do they have to go before they reach the tops? How tall are both towers? I'm curious to see the effect on the Toronto skyline when it's all done. Any future renditions? Also, what is that tower to the right?

Last edited:
Welcome to UT! Ice 1&2 have quite a ways till they get to their full height. I believe the shorter one in that pic is going to be 234 meters (someone correct me) and the taller one will be 214 (Again, please correct me) so they will certainly stand out on the skyline! They are using really nice glass as well, so the effect should be a positive one.

That building to the right is Infinity 3&4, it's a direct copy of one that is already standing, beside it. Whoever approved that one needs to be fired.

Welcome to UT! Ice 1&2 have quite a ways till they get to their full height. I believe the shorter one in that pic is going to be 234 meters (someone correct me) and the taller one will be 214 (Again, please correct me) so they will certainly stand out on the skyline! .

I believe you are right on those heights. Just to clarify though, You meant that the one that is currently shorter (on the left in the above pic) will be the taller of the two when done at approx 234m, and the one on the right will end up being the shorter of the two at 214m. It took me a minute to see that's what you meant.

correct the taller tower at this point will end up being 57 stories the shorter one at this point is ice 1 67 stories

I believe you are right on those heights. Just to clarify though, You meant that the one that is currently shorter (on the left in the above pic) will be the taller of the two when done at approx 234m, and the one on the right will end up being the shorter of the two at 214m. It took me a minute to see that's what you meant.

Right, that's what I meant, I guess I wasn't as clear as I usually try to be.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the shorter tower is 202m not 214m.

Well my day is ruined!

Haha, just kidding, thanks for the correction, I don't think I'll notice that difference much to be honest, and it will add some more variance between them on the skyline.

Some drive-by shots from Yesterday.

ICE-10-07-2012-1.jpg

ICE-10-07-2012-2.jpg

ICE-10-07-2012-3.jpg

ICE-10-07-2012-4.jpg

How much further do they have to go before they reach the tops? How tall are both towers? I'm curious to see the effect on the Toronto skyline when it's all done. Any future renditions? Also, what is that tower to the right?

The one that is taller right now will ultimately be 57 stories - which means it's approximately half way right now. The other tower will be about 10 stories taller when finished.

Hey, cool, hadn't noticed until today that the floorplate shift is clearly visible at the 29th floor. :) The glass is spectacular!

Neat, looks like the west tower has hit the point where the floor slab shifts.

In person the glass is also much more blue than I had realized. It's going to look really striking against everything around it

Back