Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

does anybody know if they included any design features on this building (and buildings in general downtown) to reduce the wind-tunnel effect that we often get when walking by tall buildings?

does anybody know if they included any design features on this building (and buildings in general downtown) to reduce the wind-tunnel effect that we often get when walking by tall buildings?

Since this building has a glass canopy all around the buildings, the wind should deflect off of that, rather than hitting the street level.

You could contact the planner on the file Al Rezoski (arezosk@toronto.ca) - detailed wind studies and various mitigation methods would have been submitted as part of the complete application for the zoning by-law and official plan amendments. Wind consultants likely packaged a comprehensive report for the applicant.

nifty map posted by Fastwalking over at SSC shows the location of all the development happening on this block.......

Southcore.jpg

cool map ^^^ :D so much development! i love it

the infinity complex is so ugly :( i wish the land could have been put towards a better use, even more buildings similar to the bremner tower and price water coopers tower would have been better

Is an additional 2 storeys becoming the standard for this district? Both ICE I and ICE II have recently had 2 storeys added. (Although 33 Bay a.k.a. Success II had more than 2 storeys added from the original proposal.)

Big Daddy, your floor numbers for Infinity 3 and 4 are reversed, although I believe 36 should be 35 anyway.

Infinity just looks out of place, would have been kinda ok somewhere along the 401. An underachiever of (un)classic proportion.

Back