News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 560     0 

TO Left off T+L great cities list.

Re: Great cities

I have only found 2 cities in North America that had livelier streets then Toronto, whether it's day, or night, and those were New York City and Montreal.

Maybe San Francisco too?

I find most of the discussion here kind of misguided. While we know how mnay great things there are in the city, this was a poll of the magazine's readers. If they don't have memories or knowledge of the city that sticks, then there's not much to do about that at the moment.

I think we'll get there someday. But for the time being, I would personally rather that we don't show up on the list simply because of an attraction like the CN Tower.

I really get disgusted with the Toronto Star.

They turn:

Toronto getting left off a travel mag ranking of best cities,

Into:

Toronto not considered world class.

If I was the T & L spokesperson responding to the Star reported, I would have told him to get a life.

Maybe Toronto should install some mountains and a Pacific Ocean. That way it can be a far more interesting version of Vancouver.

I found Calgary's mountain view far more interesting than Vancouver's.

I've not been to Calgary, but I've just arrived back from Vancouver and am still gobsmacked by the beauty of what is truly a great city. I don't think I have ever seen as gorgeous a site as the sunset over the city as I crossed Lion's Gate Bridge. In a word: sublime.

Back