News   May 03, 2024
 792     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 507     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 250     0 

TMU: Law School (101-111 Gerrard St E, Ryerson, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Stumbled across this RFP for design services in Merx.

Its for the above address, 101-111 Gerrard Street East, if there are any details on what's proposed here in the bid summary, I overlooked them.

It appears at though Two Row Architects are involved in some fashion.

Merx Link: https://www.merx.com/oupma/solicita...n-Services-for-the-Gerrard-Project/0000210059

From the above:

1636399218263.png

1636399247543.png

Streetview:

1636399133537.png

Aerial Pic:

1636399392363.png

Perhaps @reteequa would have some insights here.

Looks like it will be the location for the new law school

Info on the RFP

"Ryerson’s Request for Proposals from design teams was launched in October 2021. We hope to be able to announce the winning proponent in January 2022 and immediately commence the design process. Concepts may be available by Fall 2022."

Not looking to add any student housing or residential of any kind. Gotta wait for more details until next year.

Wait around a few years and Lincoln Alexander will undoubtedly be cancelled by (mar)X(ist) university.

His successes in conservative politics and public service will be recast as evidence of unforgivable subservience to (and perpetuation of) "white" "colonial" "capitalist" "elitist" power structures & unrepresentative of the university's values.

Sounds like somebody here has an (a)X(e) to grind...

He's not wrong..........

I'm as progressive as they come; but not delusional.

Revisiting the choices to name things after people, (particularly where a donation/naming rights is not the reason for said name); in order to evaluate the body of that person's moral character; and to do so by contemporary standards does lead to an endless parade of renaming in which no name is permanent at all.

No one would argue w/revisiting Adolph Hitler Elementary as a name; but in most circumstances, reevaluation by contemporary mores is neither necessary nor useful.

The only politically clean alternative is School #1, Street #2, Hospital #3.

Even then, wait til people find out the about the values of the person who gave us the Arabic numeral system................we're going to have to re-name all the numbers!

Last edited:
He's not wrong..........
With all due respect, I'm not sure what makes you think you can reason with such an edgelord stream of consciousness. There really isn't anything there of non-hate filled substance, IMO...

...but more importantly, this is not really the place to have this conversation. I am just here because I was wondering what X University was about. And curious to see what is being built in that frame. I get that now; reconciliation. Cool! And moved on to what is being proposed.

Thusly, I'm not here for the Tucker Carlson clown hour. There are other places with in this forum and out to do that. I'm here for what's going to be built and hope it doesn't end up like 2 Tecumseth. I hope you understand. And thank you. /bows

Last edited:
With all due respect, I'm not sure what makes you think you can reason with such an edgelord stream of consciousness. There really isn't anything there of non-hate filled substance, IMO...

...but more importantly, this is not really the place to have this conversation. I am just here because I was wondering what X University was about. And curious to see what is being built in that frame. I get that now; reconciliation. Cool! And moved on to what is being proposed.

Thusly, I'm not here for the Tucker Carlson clown hour. There are other places with in this forum and out to do that. I'm here for what's going to be built and hope it doesn't end up like 2 Tecumseth. I hope you understand. And thank you. /bows
It's pretty disingenuous to say something "With all due respect" and then insinuate that a fairly nuanced and reasonable take is "hate-filled" akin to a "Tucker Carlson clown hour"...

Agree or disagree with peoples ideas... that is everybody's right. But let's use our brains and have rational discussions rather than dismissing peoples ideas outright and slapping wildly out of proportion accusations on them.

In any case, I agree that this is veering radically off topic, so I digress.

It's pretty disingenuous to say something "With all due respect" and then insinuate that a fairly nuanced and reasonable take is "hate-filled" akin to a "Tucker Carlson clown hour"...

Agree or disagree with peoples ideas... that is everybody's right. But let's use our brains and have rational discussions rather than dismissing peoples ideas outright and slapping wildly out of proportion accusations on them.

In any case, I agree that this is veering radically off topic, so I digress.
Just for the record though, I wasn't the one who opened up with, lol...

Wait around a few years and Lincoln Alexander will undoubtedly be cancelled by (mar)X(ist) university.
...so it's interesting my post is getting this kind of scrutiny here while the other one isn't. This only suggests that you are disagreeing with mine...and not being very honest about it.

That said though, I agree...and have agreed all the long, that this has veered way off topic. And in agreeing to disagree, I wish to move on...as I still want my posting privileges here intact at the end of day. Thnkx!

It's a dumbed-down, institutional response to the demand for generic names that's far less likely to upset the apple cart. It's like the pendulum has swung the other way and we are witnessing the birth of a kind of middling inoffensiveness. But I digress.... what strikes me is how much Ryerson has changed over the past four decades. Quite the going concern these days.

It's a dumbed-down, institutional response to the demand for generic names that's far less likely to upset the apple cart. It's like the pendulum has swung the other way and we are witnessing the birth of a kind of middling inoffensiveness. But I digress.... what strikes me is how much Ryerson has changed over the past four decades. Quite the going concern these days.
I mean, it's a university. Most of them have bland inoffensive names. Like, there is nothing creative or shocking about "The University of Toronto", or "York University", etc. I'm not really sure what people were expecting here.

Back