News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 627     0 

Time Lapse video of Finch Station Parking lot in the morning

askrobot

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is taken from another forum. Its a pretty interesting video .

if anyone takes the ttc or drives to a ttc parking lot .... heres a video of how fast the lot fills up in the morning and how many people there are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALL1MmO-IE8

this was taken at around 7 am and the actual time of the video is about an hour and 40 minutes...

I remember this lot, it really did fill up quickly in the morning. Check out the goof at 31-33 second mark in the tired aisle from the bottom, trying to back in his van. He makes a feeble attempt to straighten it out and then leaves it. Makes it diffucult for others to use the spot beside. Those drivers used to bug me and the ones who take up two spots.

Nice link. Seems you could shave 20 minutes off people's round-trip commute time by building a multi-storey garage!

I shake my head at how only one single ant seems to leave its metal cocoon,. It uses up all that space to store it, just rusting under the sun, doing nothing else.

At least it is under the hydro lines, which could have been used otherwise to grow useless vegetables or fruit.

How about a solar farm over the motor vehicles? It would shade the motor vehicles and provide some electricity for this computer you are using.

Shows how poor the drivers are out there. That van is the biggest offender but look how many people needed to back in and out multiple times to center their car. How long have these people been driving that they can't judge a parking space? Maybe we need concrete barriers and thinner lanes to weed out these drivers. :)

I'm awesome at parking, but even I need to scissor in and out once or twice when backing in to a spot - especially parking in the morning ;)

I'm with the multi-storey idea. That parking lot is a gigantic waste of space. Dig down two levels, build up two levels, and presto, you just found yourself about 5 more acres to build up some density right next to a subway station. Or you could just build an extension of the subway further up north.

This is taken from another forum. Its a pretty interesting video .

if anyone takes the ttc or drives to a ttc parking lot .... heres a video of how fast the lot fills up in the morning and how many people there are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALL1MmO-IE8

Indeed a great video. I cross-posted it to Spacing Wire. Thanks for posting it here, and an opportunity to promote us a bit over there as well.

I'm with the multi-storey idea. That parking lot is a gigantic waste of space. Dig down two levels, build up two levels, and presto, you just found yourself about 5 more acres to build up some density right next to a subway station. Or you could just build an extension of the subway further up north.

Doesnt the entire parking lot sit under High Voltage wires? So really, compared to the rest of the Hydro lands, its not that much of a waste of space.

High Voltage is good for the brain. No really, Bill Nye the Science Guy said so. I guess development is out of the question, but with a parking garage, they could turn a good chunk of that land into parks or sports fields or whatever. I just hate parking lots. Such a waste of space.

it's instructional to watch how the "pedestrians" interact in the same space with autos -- no sidewalks, no separation, no collisions

High Voltage is good for the brain. No really, Bill Nye the Science Guy said so.

Metal fan
voltage.gif

Back