Time and Space Condos (Pemberton) - Real Estate -

Hi, I am the new resident of building D unit. I have terrible experience of living in this new unit. I moved in last Friday, all electronic appliance didn't work except microwave. I had to wait until Monday to have someone fixed. Then washing machine and AC still don't work at all until today. I cannot have ventilation for so many days. The staff came here cannot fix them, then I called or emailed for multiple times, nobody replied and keep me waiting for no response. The construction is terrible, too. There is a flooring gap between bedroom and washroom, and nobody comes even if they promised someone would come to check. The bath tub has a scar and I think they maybe use a unqualified product to our building. Anyway, so far I just feel they only need our money and don't care about clients. And I am living with all day contractors and construction fields. I don't understand why government permit such things happen. Truly unbelievable.
Buying a pre-construction condo is always a bit of a gamble and moving into an unfinished building is usually messy. To add to that, Pemberton does not have a stellar reputation for either quality or service. Caveat emptor and all that. Things WILL get sorted out but it will certainly not be as promised, at least until all construction is finished and all Units are occupied.

Hi, I am the new resident of building D unit. I have terrible experience of living in this new unit. I moved in last Friday, all electronic appliance didn't work except microwave. I had to wait until Monday to have someone fixed. Then washing machine and AC still don't work at all until today. I cannot have ventilation for so many days. The staff came here cannot fix them, then I called or emailed for multiple times, nobody replied and keep me waiting for no response. The construction is terrible, too. There is a flooring gap between bedroom and washroom, and nobody comes even if they promised someone would come to check. The bath tub has a scar and I think they maybe use a unqualified product to our building. Anyway, so far I just feel they only need our money and don't care about clients. And I am living with all day contractors and construction fields. I don't understand why government permit such things happen. Truly unbelievable.

Attachments

• Bathtub Scar.jpg
    Bathtub Scar.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 35
  • flooring gap.jpg
    flooring gap.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 41
I think you should bring up your concerns with the Pemberton Head Office. Call them / Email them .... Don't rely on the on-site staff!

They sent a notice for PDI 2 weeks in advance. We also hired a professional inspector.
Thank you for that.. that's good to know and it makes sense to do a week or two ahead of occupancy. likely mine will be delayed.. It's Wednesday and my lawyer hasn't provided any update from builder so I don't think they will make it on time.

sounds like the team has been rushing the project and created all these issues : (

Hi doubled. Yes, it seems that we may be neighbors. Repeating the last line of my original post:
"Note: Our unit is on the top floor of Building C, aka SE Building, at Princess Street & The Esplanade."

What are you planning to do for temporary accommodation, parking & storage until October 10th?
luckily we were able to extend our lease until October 31st, hoping that gives us enough buffer space.

We just had PDI today, and this is probably the worst PDI I ever had. There's some critical issues that the unit is practically not ready but tomorrow's occupancy. For those that are going to have PDI, I'd recommend to check carefully and list every single item with the inspector or in Tarion.

Some of the issues that we found:

Some major appearance issue:
  • All windows surrounding frame areas have gaps and some gap is as wide as 1.5 centimetre.
  • The unit walls throughout needs to be painted and some area doesn’t have paint at all
  • Windows have paint, marks and dusts all over.
  • One of the bathroom door frame is missing

Some critical issues:
  • We purchased the blinds, and they are missing & not installed
  • storage room is unknown
  • Fridge is missing
  • Laundry machines (washer and dryer) are missing
  • All toilet seats are missing
  • No water
  • Windows can’t be closed (has issue of closing, need to be fixed)
  • Bathroom shower floor some tile has sharp edge exposed on surface (could cut bare feet) that needs to be buffed smoothly

We just had PDI today, and this is probably the worst PDI I ever had. There's some critical issues that the unit is practically not ready but tomorrow's occupancy. For those that are going to have PDI, I'd recommend to check carefully and list every single item with the inspector or in Tarion.

• All windows surrounding frame areas have gaps and some gap is as wide as 1.5 centimetre.
  • The unit walls throughout needs to be painted and some area doesn’t have paint at all

Some critical issues:
  • Fridge is missing
  • No water
  • Bathroom shower floor some tile has sharp edge exposed on surface (could cut bare feet) that needs to be buffed smoothly
That sux, I would agree that it is not ready if it does not have fridge and washer, I would explore refusing to move in and make them pay for the delay and any other encountered expenses, not sure how easy is that.

Some critical issues:
  • Fridge is missing
  • No water
this gotta be JOKE.......my occupancy date is Sep 6h but still didn't get email for PDI

According to the builder's inspector, our unit was better shape than others. So I can't imagine how bad the other units could be.... We emailed our lawyer and asked the builder not to cash our occupancy cheques until these major issues are fixed

Hi guys
Maybe somebody knows the air filter size which is supposed to be replaced every 3 months. Also, if it is LL responsibility?

Back