News   Jul 12, 2024
 819     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 741     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 311     0 

Tim Hortons: Drive-thrus R great!

I generally find it's faster to go in than to use the drive-thru. I do understand that they can provide better access for those with physical limitations, however.

Also keep in mind that Drive-Throughs/Walk-Up hybrids are biased in favour of the former in terms of customer service - the priority is always on serving those in vehicles first.

AoD

Yuck ! the donuts just remind me of S. Harper. Ruined forever.

I generally find it's faster to go in than to use the drive-thru. I do understand that they can provide better access for those with physical limitations, however.

I agree. I've even been so curious that I've done several experiments at different places and left my friend in the car to order while i've gone inside, and even allowing for parking, going inside is always much faster. The only reason to use a drive thru is if there is a physical limitation or you have a car full of kids. I'd guess that 90% of cars using a drive thru are single passengers. It's disgusting from an environmental point of view. People are really quite selfish.

Drive-throughs should always be required to accept walk-up customers when the indoor counters are closed.

I'm sure for insurance reasons this can never happen. I think both out of fear of customers being injured by cars, and an increased risk of robbery. What happened to the walk-up window at the McDonalds at Queen and Spadina?

It's disappeared, but there is still a walk up window at the McDonalds in the Grange across from OCAD and next door Mission Burrito also has a walk up window.

I'm sure for insurance reasons this can never happen. I think both out of fear of customers being injured by cars, and an increased risk of robbery. What happened to the walk-up window at the McDonalds at Queen and Spadina?

You're right, as this is what I've heard from restaurants before, but... this doesn't make sense to me. If you're robbing a place, wouldn't a getaway vehicle be advantageous?

As for the OP, I've always thought the Burger King at King and Dufferin is an example of a good drive-thru. If it weren't for the sign, you'd never know that location even had one. Nicely hidden around back.

From my experience, Tim Hortons drive thrus are quite slow, they don't seem to move very well. The McDonald's system where you order, pay and receive items in 3 separate parts works much more effectively.

But that being said, I don't think they really belong in urban areas, maybe in more of the remote places it's fine.

Back