News   May 03, 2024
 628     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 300     0 

Thoughts on MoZo

VoiceofReality

Member Bio
Reaction score
For all the 'experts' out there and/or those with an opinion, I've been looking at re-sale units at MoZo (as an investment property) with the help of a broker friend. Based on market comps (sales and listings for 2010) prices seem 'reasonable' given comps for other areas downtown, the building seems to be fairly well regarded from a design perspective.

On average, prices are around $480 psf without parking and around $500 psf with parking. Looking at this area from a medium to long term basis my feeling is that there is room for price appreciation notwithstanding that the area has come a long way in the past 5 yrs.

Your thoughts / comments are appreciated.

MoZo is a very well designed building, good quality, and the location is superb.

I was considering purchasing at MoZo and had the opportunity to see quite a few units of varying sizes. The only drawback to the MoZo is that some units are fantastic and others not so much - no real in between. Many units have tons of wasted space - hallways, hallways, and more hallways. I also wasn't a fan of most of most of the kitchen and bathroom decor that I saw.

HOWEVER - for your purpose, it's for an investment so forget about your personal preferences. This is a premium building of good value right on King Street close to the market, amenities, and transit and so there will always be a market for tenants. Another great thing about this building from an investment perspective is the maintenance fees per square foot are relatively low and have not increased dramatically as is often the case. So you can charge market rates and trust that costs will be fairly maintained. This building gets a lot of help with the common costs via the great retail they have at street level.

This may be a long shot, but does anyone have the floorplans for this building? I've been looking for a 1 Bed + Den unit and like the building, but want to get a sense of the layouts of the building first.

There's a new thing called Google, you type "mozo floor plans" and hit "I'm feeling lucky" and it gives it to you.

WOW Who invented this thing called GOOGLE?! It's amazing...Actually I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't try that already. Thanks for the non-solution....

Back