News   Jul 09, 2024
 675     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 589     0 

These are Exciting Times

Just out of curiosity, how much of a deposit does a person have to put down to secure a condo in a particular building and at what point do they have to cough up more $.

Royal Bank is now the fifth largest bank in North America and the 15th largest in the world. No concerns have been raised and as mentioned before, one of my profs in University said that CIBC does expose themselves the most of the Big Banks, but no where near as much as the US banks.

RBC may currently be 15 by market cap - but that is a volatile measure (these days). By assets (or revenue) I don't think it would be anywhere that high in a global ranking. Not that it isnt a great company - but just to keep a perspective on exactly where the Cdn banks fall in the global scheme of things.

It does indicate growth over the last few years, but you are correct. Bigger banks have collapsed even with more liquidity, but I do believe our banks are more conservative and heavily regulated than those in the US.

RBC may currently be 15 by market cap - but that is a volatile measure (these days). By assets (or revenue) I don't think it would be anywhere that high in a global ranking. Not that it isnt a great company - but just to keep a perspective on exactly where the Cdn banks fall in the global scheme of things.

Hey gang,

Google Finance shows RBC as the 9th largest bank in the world by market cap! Is Google Finance showing inaccurate data?

http://finance.google.com/finance?catid=58211593&sort=MARKET_CAP#link_Market Cap

Peace & Kindness

Back