News   Oct 04, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

There is trouble in the forest (of towers)

Somehow, I have a feeling ex-member realestatejunkie is behind it. Recall the term "shittyplace"?

AoD

^I never thought of that, but now that you mention it...

I wonder if anyone here who has purchased or rents at City Place has encountered any of this?

Every massive project is going to have a few glitches. Overall, though, the quality of the construction is quite decent, and the buildings are pretty well run. Honestly, the biggest complaint I have is the inconvenience of recycling (Matrix was built just before the tougher city standards) and the annoying vents. I'm sure it's not an issue in every unit, but in mine the tiny bedroom has the same size vent as the entire rest of the unit. Obviously that means that (in winter, at least), the main part of the apartment is cold while the bedroom is sweltering.

The website itself is of such poor quality that the author undermines his own arguments.

I think that if you encounter these kind of problems its partly your fault for not researching your developer. I know if i was to purchase a unit in Cityplace, I would have been a bit concerned about them being a new developer in the city with no track record.

I've no first hand knowledge on Concord Adex but if those issues listed are all this dude has to complain about then life must really suck for him. It seems to me his problems are addressed in a fair and timely manner. I've bought 3 condos during pre-construcion and the fact is, there are problems and growing pains which come with the territory. Based on my experiences I'd say he's pretty lucky to have had his issues dealt with so quickly.
I got into a costly 10 month legal battle with one developer about a year after I took possession when I learned that the north side of my unit (2nd bedroom, dining room and 2 living room windows) was built 2 1/2 feet from the property line and that my windows had to be sealed up in order for the building to get final approvals from Toronto Fire department. That was something worthy of complaining about!

The website itself is of such poor quality that the author undermines his own arguments.

I was halfway expecting it to scroll and scroll and download and scroll on and on and on, like the sites of certain chess-player and religious nutcases

from Wikipedia.. on Cityplace

Issues about the development
There has been criticizm that Concord Apex has not provided adequate construction material and labour. Problems have arisen with the buildings that are finished and amenities promised to buyers have not come to pass. A website dedicated to this is www.cityplacetoronto.com From plumbing to Air Conditioning to faulty electrical work so far the finished developments look little like the advertising.

Clearly biased, and therefore it has been removed from Wikipedia.

Can someone who owns in CP clearify something for me. What are the Condo rules on window coverings? When we owned in Vancouver (it was the same in CP there as well I believe) you could only have white vertacle blinds covering your windows and though they are crappy for light blocking they actually made the buildings look more beautiful and unified from the exterior. We would get letters from the Condo Assoc. if something else was put up.

I drive aling Spadina or the Gardiner and there are these nice buildings with Red or Pink or Blue curtains. I am sure it won't be long until I see some tinfoil as well. It just looks cheap.

They can send people nasty letters dictating the kind of blinds or curtains allowed in their homes, but one hopes that condo board gauleiters don't have any actual legal power to enforce their edicts.

Off-white or white is the general rule. In our building (not CP), it is enforced well. Those with colour fetishes are free to indulge so long as they line the curtains with white or off-white.

The condo board has the ability to enforce any rule. Threats of fines are usually enough to get people to comply.

About the blinds.

i live at CityPlace. A layer of White or off white on the blinds facing out the window. on the inside layer, you can have what ever colour you wish.

this is a standard practise with almost all condos, this is to prevent the exterior of the building from looking like mish mass collage.

Back