News   May 15, 2024
 194     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 

The Weather

I am just glad that rainstorm last Thursday powerwashed most of the muck from the sidewalks/road verge and put an end to the post-walk intense paw-shampooing with my pooch.

AoD

And we got none of that. I rely on good, solid Spring rains to wash the sand and salt off the road before I get the bike out. Not only is the sand slippery, the dried salt clouds are hard on my complexion. :rolleyes:

Anyone else loving this weather? It’s boiling hot and dry out west, but thankfully damp and cool in Toronto. My local park and paths are more like their empty pre-pandemic days with just dog walkers, joggers and desperate parents pushing covered strollers. It must be my English bones, but I enjoy a dog walk in the rain and then sitting on the covered porch with my book and a coffee.

Anyone else loving this weather? It’s boiling hot and dry out west, but thankfully damp and cool in Toronto. My local park and paths are more like their empty pre-pandemic days with just dog walkers, joggers and desperate parents pushing covered strollers. It must be my English bones, but I enjoy a dog walk in the rain and then sitting on the covered porch with my book and a coffee.

Not so much, but we might be getting different weather. We've had a parade of biblical rains up here interspersed with with just cool and steady rain. The furnace has been cycling over the past couple of days. Lawns are healthy but we can't get at them to mow or do much of anything outside. Our dogs stand at the open door and say 'nope'. I agree that I will take this over stifling or even dangerous heat.

I can't imagine being on vacation and stuck in a tent or even a cottage with young kids. Our daughter runs a museum and says weather like this is gold for venues like this as parents and vacationers seek indoor distractions, but unfortunately they are Covid closed.

This weather must make a Newfie, Brit or Scot homesick.

I can't imagine being on vacation and stuck in a tent or even a cottage with young kids.
Oh yes, I've done both. Not fun. Motorcycle camping, so you can't even hide in your car. We rented cottage once that was so tiny, and the claimed Wifi didn't work, and with no cable tv. We drop to Walmart and bought a bunch of DVDs.

Looks like this weekend is going to be the perfect summer weather. Enjoy it before the rain and muggy humid weather returns next week.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/toronto

I will take 40 and dry heat over 30 and humid any day of the week. All the times i have been to Vegas, the dry heat didn't bother me like the humid moist thick air we get stuck with here during the summer.

Looks like this weekend is going to be the perfect summer weather. Enjoy it before the rain and muggy humid weather returns next week.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/toronto

I will take 40 and dry heat over 30 and humid any day of the week. All the times i have been to Vegas, the dry heat didn't bother me like the humid moist thick air we get stuck with here during the summer.

Same - heat I am ok with, humidity not so much. It seems really weirdly humid starting late June this year.

AoD

Oh yes, I've done both. Not fun. Motorcycle camping, so you can't even hide in your car. We rented cottage once that was so tiny, and the claimed Wifi didn't work, and with no cable tv. We drop to Walmart and bought a bunch of DVDs.

That's why I gave up on camping on bike trips. This old body needs a good bed and shower after a full day's riding. Heck, in days gone by we used to overnight at roadside rest areas; on or under the picnic tables.

This long stretch of dreary overcast weather is horrific, especially during what should be the peak of summer. I want last summer back with loads of sunshine and warmth.

All this gloom is really bringing me down and its not like we have Fall/Winter to make it any better in that department.

This long stretch of dreary overcast weather is horrific, especially during what should be the peak of summer. I want last summer back with loads of sunshine and warmth.

All this gloom is really bringing me down and its not like we have Fall/Winter to make it any better in that department.

Have hope for a glorious Fall. It's always my favourite season anyway.

I'm more of a Spring/Summer guy and I need my sunshine during these long days. In a few months I'll inevitably be wishing for this time of year back.

Totally prefer that season too.

As @Coolstar noted, cool nights for sleeping is crucial for me............

Beyond that........I really like walking/hiking which I don't want to do when I'm at constant risk of dehydration, or sweating non-stop or sunburn.

Fall not only offers beautiful colours...........and moderate temps..........cool enough for pants............warm enough you can still swim outside in the daytime (at least for the first few weeks)....

But also........the bugs go away!

Hey I'm a nature guy, I appreciate the role they play.....

But between Mosquitos, Ticks (which really don't go away til winter...but I digress).....red ants.............and gnats........(hate ingesting those!)

Back