News   Jun 07, 2024
 813     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2K     6 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 1.8K     3 

The Weather

I think the city this time could recover from a snowfall like in 1999.

It would just mean we should all sit home for two days.

More than half way there. All we need is a couple of storms.

Khristopher, can you put with three or four 20 cm dumpings? It's for a record, after all.

Yes, another record!! Because, when it snows, it's not that cold! I do think that people bitch about the weather a lot!! And it is quite strange because...we're in Canada...in winter...its normal!!

I absolutely can't stand when people think that because we're in Canada, we're not supposed to complain about the weather.
It's not like I chose to be born or raised here. I don't have a choice. Trust me, if I could I would not be in Canada during the winter. I'd go south like all of those seniors and birds do.

See cacruden's above post.

I find that bitching about the weather is a form of social lubricant; it's something you can talk about with someone else when you may have absolutely nothing otherwise in common.

^^My point is after years of living in Canada, and living through years of Canadian winters, don't you get used to it?? I mean come on! People freak about 10cm?? What's that gonna do?? Cover the flowers in your backyard?? they're already dead.

^^My point is after years of living in Canada, and living through years of Canadian winters, don't you get used to it?? I mean come on! People freak about 10cm?? What's that gonna do?? Cover the flowers in your backyard?? they're already dead.

If people are "freaking" it's because they've been, in a sense, taught to freak. Now that any weather is newsworthy (with entire channels now dedicated to it) a summer rainfall suddenly merits of an announcement and hourly coverage.

Toronto has relatively mild winters compared to other parts of the country. But still, I wouldn't deny people the right to complain.

Special weather statement issued for..
City of Toronto
Windsor - Essex - Chatham-Kent
Sarnia - Lambton
Elgin
London - Middlesex
Simcoe - Delhi - Norfolk
Dunnville - Caledonia - Haldimand
Oxford - Brant
Niagara
City of Hamilton
Halton - Peel
York - Durham
Huron - Perth
Waterloo - Wellington
Dufferin - Innisfil
Grey - Bruce
Barrie - Orillia - Midland.

Snow expected Saturday.

A low pressure system over the us plains this evening is forecast to
intensify and track into lower Michigan Saturday afternoon.
An expanding area of snow associated with this system is expected to
spread into southwestern Ontario Saturday morning and south central
Ontario Saturday afternoon. The snow will begin to taper off from
west to east beginning Saturday evening in the southwest and
overnight in south central Ontario.

The snow will become heavy at times Saturday afternoon in the
southwest where snowfall amounts are expected to be in the 10 to 15
centimetre range. A winter storm watch is in effect for areas from
Windsor and London north to the Bruce Peninsula. Elsewhere, a
general snowfall of 10 centimetres is expected with this system.
Areas near western Lake Ontario from Mississauga to Grimsby may
receive a few extra centimetres of snow due to lake enhancement.

I can't wait for tomorrow's snow!

I like snow, I just prefer visiting it :rolleyes:

I am now sort-of a snow bird (but only for 2 months of the year), and instead of south - it is to other tropical countries. Although Toronto is now one of my favourite cities, I think I would prefer it the other way around - maybe visiting snow a couple of weeks a year - just to remember what I am missing ...

I guess the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence..... unless of course it is under snow....

Back