News   May 13, 2024
 217     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 620     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 656     0 

The Weather

Again, we are lucking out. Apparently it's been quite cool out west.

"Heatwave!" if you spent your first 16 years in England.

I was watching the Golf highlights from the British Open and man the weather in the UK sucks. I was actually surprised by Wimbledon this year as it only rained once.

It was definitely humid today. I went out cycling today for a few hours and normally I can see downtown from this hill I ride near Pickering. Today the downtown core was non-existent because it was so smoggy and humid.

Was in Ottawa yesterday and today and it was spectacular weather.

But then all of Southern Ontario has been having great weather this summer.

Then again, after this past winter, summer is spectacular. Period.

April was nice, May and June mostly suuuuuuuuuuuucked. Tons of rain and overcast days. July is turning out nice but it's difficult to plan any outdoor activities a day or more in advance, the forecast is rain... rain... rain 80% of the time.

Ya Spring was a write-off. Horrible weather.
Summer is not that great so far either really if you ask me. We've had about a week's worth of what I'd call good weather in total so far. But still 2 months left of summer yet!

Missed that, but this has been a great summer for cloud watching. Tons of drama (and water)!

Strange low cloud formation over the lake, over the Islands, right now if anyone can see it.

I saw that, it gave me the creeps. The black clouds were blowing west where I was, the horizon was blue and clear but what was happening above and just beyond my line of sight (south, south/east and south/west) was unlike anything I've seen in a while.
What a strange summer.
As usual, more rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast.

we.jpg

Back