News   May 21, 2024
 134     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Celebrating TLS as an accomplishment?!??!?! ha...ha....ha... don't make me laugh.....I guess I know how low your standard is

It is. Most cities have nothing comparable. Then again, only the very best will satisfy daddy's little princess for her sweet sixteen.

My standards are just fine. I think we've already established that your standards are ridiculously high. Though I'm very sure most people on UT would disagree with me. That's where we part ways.

It is. Most cities have nothing comparable.

Really?!?!? In what way is TLS special? Have you been Shanghai/Tokyo/New York/Vegas. Their squares are ten times larger and ten times brighter. TLS is just a wanna-be, in a much smaller scale.

Really?!?!? In what way is TLS special? Have you been Shanghai/Tokyo/New York/Vegas. Their squares are ten times larger and ten times brighter. TLS is just a wanna-be, in a much smaller scale.

I said "most cities" not "Shanghai/Tokyo/New York/Vegas" which, though this may be a surprise to you, do not comprise "most cities."

Alright. We're clearly going around in circles so let's just end it here.

I said "most cities" not "Shanghai/Tokyo/New York/Vegas" which, though this may be a surprise to you, do not comprise "most cities."

Alright. We're clearly going around in circles so let's just end it here.

Those are the cities you would want Toronto to measure up against, wouldn't you?

Don't tell me you want measure up against Boise, Idaho or Memphis, Tennessee or Little Rock, Arkansas

Those are the cities you would want Toronto to measure up against, wouldn't you?

Don't tell me you want measure up against Boise, Idaho or Memphis, Tennessee or Little Rock, Arkansas

What's wrong with comparing Toronto to Little Rock?

It's the same stupid logic as comparing Toronto to Tokyo or New York.

As I've tried to express a couple of times already, I really don't try to measure Toronto up against other cities. That just breeds insecurity. The only thing I compare Toronto to is Toronto itself: what it is now compared to what it was.

So when I see TLS I don't think how I hate that it's not as good as Times Square or Piccadilly Circus. I think how cool it is that my city now has a square like this at all that we didn't have before. It's just another new feature of my city to enjoy.

Overall, I see it as a net benefit for the city. You'd think with the amount of bitching in this thread that the city had just signed the papers to tear down the CN Tower to build a condo.

So when I see TLS I don't think how I hate that it's not as good as Times Square or Piccadilly Circus. I think how cool it is that my city now has a square like this at all that we didn't have before. It's just another new feature of my city to enjoy.

The building is still awful even without a basis for comparison.

Actually, TLS reminds me of Market Square, Kitchener.

http://www.foundlocally.com/Kitchener/images/Kitchener-marketSquare.jpg

Rather square, eh?

edit: It finally struck me, TLS is like Dragon City on Spadina! Only Dragon City (i think that's the one I have in mind--there's another one) had flashier ads and video feed! So, TLS will eventually look like those Chinatown malls inside: dollar store rubbish....

The building is still awful even without a basis for comparison.

It's true that the building is not a looker... at all. But for the Square itself I'm more focussed on the ad-space than the architectural merit of the structure.

Anyway, I will agree that the inside of the building, from the photos I've seen, is god awful. One of the uglier malls in the entire city.

It's true that the building is not a looker... at all. But for the Square itself I'm more focussed on the ad-space than the architectural merit of the structure.

Anyway, I will agree that the inside of the building, from the photos I've seen, is god awful. One of the uglier malls in the entire city.

Oh.. you haven't even been there!! Here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that your opinion of TLS is that it's an add on to this city, despite being an ugly one.

Now I see that you haven't even been inside! That's what we're all talking about.

The interior is the basis for how gawd damn awful this piece of crap is.

If we were discussing the exterior, we'd be giving it bad marks for months. It's the interior that is finally revealing its final form and the people who've been inside are gasping at how horribly executed this project has been.

Oh.. you haven't even been there!! Here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that your opinion of TLS is that it's an add on to this city, despite being an ugly one.

Now I see that you haven't even been inside! That's what we're all talking about.

The interior is the basis for how gawd damn awful this piece of crap is.

If we were discussing the exterior, we'd be giving it bad marks for months. It's the interior that is finally revealing its final form and the people who've been inside are gasping at how horribly executed this project has been.

I was just speaking about the exterior. I've only seen the exterior in person. So give me the benefit of the doubt in that respect, and feel free to ignore my comments otherwise. :)

Perhaps I should have made that clearer. My bad.

^ok... you should go inside. I think you'll write off the whole project like I did and many people on UT seem to have done.

I was giving it time to develop. Knowing that the exterior would be plastered in ads anyway, I was holding on to the interior to provide an experience worthy of the intersection but nothing will save it now.

Back