News   Jul 12, 2024
 855     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 768     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yeah, I get that a lot too. AMC's is the biggest sign on the building. Toronto Life needs to get their sign up ASAP and if they want people to associate the building to their Mag. they need to make the branding of the building consistent with the branding of their publication: logo, colours, fonts, and so on. Readers will easily recognize the overall scheme and associate it with the magazine. Otherwise, like I explained in my previous post, it will be read as "Toronto's Life Square".

Most people I know refer to it as the AMC building. I actually started doing that too since most people recognize it as that...

I think people won't associate the "Toronto Life" part to the magazine. I think they'll see "Toronto Life Square" (Life Square in Toronto). I for one didn't know that Times Square got its name from the publishing company until I looked it up.

You're still high on this "Life Square" thing?

And re Times Square, you're more of an exceptional case (especially in referring to it as "the publishing company" rather than as a newspaper)

I'm waiting for the signs to go up for the theory to take full effect. People will see these big signs facing them saying "Toronto Life Square". There doesn't seem to be a Yonge Dundas Square sign anywhere.

Once the name becomes ingrained, it will be natural for locals to drop the "Toronto".

I think people won't associate the "Toronto Life" part to the magazine. I think they'll see "Toronto Life Square" (Life Square in Toronto). I for one didn't know that Times Square got its name from the publishing company until I looked it up.

Currently, my non urban geek friends don't know where or what Toronto Life Square is. I have to say the "AMC across from the Eaton Centre".

I dont see that happening. Times Square is, and always has been simply Times Square. It was never shortened to Times Square, thats simply what it has always been called. Also, this building isn't a public space... its a building. I can see the name being shortened as TL Square, but Toronto will always be in the name.

I sincerely doubt anyone would call it "Life Square". Dundas Square is the square. The building with the AMC is ... the building with the AMC lol.

I sincerely doubt anyone would call it "Life Square". Dundas Square is the square. The building with the AMC is ... the building with the AMC lol.

yup. People are over complicating this issue. That's exactly what they are now.

And it's too late to change. No amount of signage will help.

Today

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

The Pepsi Life Centre...

Now if only Pepsico would invest in transforming one of those flat ad spaces into a giant can of Pepsi.

^ My thoughts also. I've been surprised by the absence of McDonalds and Coca Cola (the big ad money spenders) from this intersection but it seems that Pepsi is ready to join the big boys. A permanent Pepsi screen/sign along the center of building à la Coca Cola's distinctive Times Square sign would do wonders for this building (the outside that is).

Last edited:
The shelf where the big beer can (across the street at the Atrium on Bay's media tower) used to be, is soon going to be used again! I don't know if I can say what it will be, but there ya go.

What is the purpose of the cylindrical part on the eastern side of the building. It was supposed to be a light feature I believe, but instead it looks like it serves no purpose at all.

Back