News   May 27, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 984     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 5.3K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Heres a new shot of TLS i took a few days ago.

July282008.jpg

that PA ad is horrible. much worse than the yogurt one imo.

What's with the empty space below the Dirty Dancing sign? Are these twits unaware that they could be making money if that was filled up?

^ at least PA's argument isn't strong: "wildlife and shopping visitPA.com" ... who writes this shit? The same guys who put up the sign?

You would think it would be easy to sell those spaces to clients of premium ad agencies.

I don't mind VisitPA putting up an ad at Dundas Square. Perhaps in a more positive light this ad and other ads from places like Chicago show just how important Americans are seeing Toronto as a source of tourists. Sorry to say this, but perhaps this is another sign of "world-classiness" for Toronto (I wouldn't expect an ad like this going up in any smaller Canadian or American city).

However the choice of colours for the ad is terrible. Pink bear on a beige background is downright ugly. The VisitPA website actually has a good choice of colours - no pink on beige there.

This is 1st generation signs,give it a couple of years and the squares popularity and you may see some asian/euro type neon signs.

i didn't mean it like that.

the ad itself is bad. look at those colors!

categorize this as another TLS low point (how many filing cabinets are already filled?). i wonder who approved this through. it's almost saying, go to pennsylvania to shop...there's nothing here in TLS.

Wonderful - the first thing that we're telling tourists is they should be heading to PA.

True...this is an absolute bone-headed ad for this location - absolutely wrong message in our 'premier' square....whoever signed up that account should be fired...

Where are all the companies with the big advertisment budgets,for example Sony,Coca Cola,Toyota,Honda,Apple.I say bring in a new marketing team.

Sony and Coca-Cola were among the first companies to advertise on TLS. Sony has the ad on the tri-vision while coke has a sprite and coca cola backlit. They can have a billion dollars to spend towards advertising, but if the city wont allow more than a backlit, then a backlit is all they can do. Its going to take some time before we start seeing more creative ads on TLS.

?????????? Who says the city won't let them do anything more than a backlit sign? The square is full of other types of signs.

Back