News   Jul 26, 2024
 951     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The entrance itself isn't the TTC's responsibility. It's the developers. Otherwise, we wouldn't have entrances like the one into the North American Centre at Finch Station -- that is my favourite building connection in the whole system.

The entrance itself isn't the TTC's responsibility. It's the developers. Otherwise, we wouldn't have entrances like the one into the North American Centre at Finch Station -- that is my favourite building connection in the whole system.

I agree, it's fantastic. I really enjoy working in that office complex, even if it's all the way up at Finch! A great subway integration all around, street access, cozy building access...

is it true that subway path from TLS is connected only to Northbound trains? and it will have no access from southbound.

No!

You can walk into the northbound station and walk under both tracks to get to the southbound station as well connecting to the other PATH going north/west/south.

No!

You can walk into the northbound station and walk under both tracks to get to the southbound station as well connecting to the other PATH going north/west/south.

The only solution to this would have been to build a second concourse level above the station connected directly to TLS with access to both platforms... or to have the connection below the track level and connected to the existing unpaid walkway between the two sides of the stations...

That's just an issue with the station itself, and not TLS. I don't think there's enough clearance between the tunnel roof and the surface to add an above-platform concourse.

When Metropolis was first proposed, I had thought that there would have been a provision to widen the Northbound Platform at Dundas Station. - I also thought - that Metropolis would have included an additional connection to Dundas Subway at the North End of the platform to handle the volume.

But I was wrong on both counts.

I also thought - that Metropolis would have included an additional connection to Dundas Subway at the North End of the platform to handle the volume.

Metropolis doesn't own the land at the north end to connect to the station.

Metropolis doesn't own the land at the north end to connect to the station.

seen!

But they could have still put in an additional connection at the northernmost point of their property that does access the Station.

Say under the Future Shop or something....

Edit:
________

Keep in mind when the proposal was first made, I had no idea of internal layout of the stores/levels.

I was going to create a topic to discuss Dundas Station but I don't see the point since the "Metropolis" topic seems to be a catch all for retail and transportation in the Y&D area...

I've found a rather interesting solution to getting people under the tracks from one platform to another:

Connect two of these combo escalator/movators end-to-end under the tracks and you got a hassel free, constantly moving pedestrian connection from the Southbound and Northbound platforms:
PCD08_14.jpg

Back