News   Jul 15, 2024
 782     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 924     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Starting Nov 7, 2007: Sidewalk reconstruction on east side of Yonge between Dundas and Gould. Two northbound lane closures (2 way traffic will be maintained) Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. One curb lane closure only during evenings from 6:00pm to 7:00am.

OMG THANK GOD.

Can we send emails to the city to ensure that they mean ripping it all out and putting in fresh, cement sidewalks? Not ripping it out and paving it with asphalt... nor paving it all over with asphalt... nor putting wood boards on it... nor going up and down with sidewalk chalk....

they are spending like 6 days so i assume its a full makeover...

Have no fear, I'm sure the new Portlands Energy Centre will be pumping plenty of carbon dioxide into the air to keep this project bright and pretty

YAY!
trees love that CO2.
they eat it up!!
it's a win/win.

As for the sorry state of the Yonge Street sidewalks and the ugly work around the base of those new black poles. It appears that some work to correct the problem is scheduled to take place this week:

Starting Nov 7, 2007: Sidewalk reconstruction on east side of Yonge between Dundas and Gould. Two northbound lane closures (2 way traffic will be maintained) Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. One curb lane closure only during evenings from 6:00pm to 7:00am.

Good to see that infrastructure construction and maintenance is planned to maximize efficiency and minimize costs.... surely this could have been better coordinated.

Thanks for the info.

And word on the new sign on the eastern portion? How is the interior looking?
When will the Tri-Vision installation be completed?

Lots of questions, and no answers...at least no answers in this thread.

I will have to investigate and report back with some updates.

:(

Last night as I walked east towards Yonge on Dundas (2 blocks east of University), I noticed quite an interesting light show happening on the south side of Dundas - looked like lots of coloured flood lights constantly changing until the penny dropped and I realized it was an amazing reflection of the big video board at TLS being reflected on the upper windows of the Ryerson Business Building - bonus!!!

Dundas Street is closed east of Yonge (IIRC) tonight.

Signage is currently being installed on the Ted Rogers School of Managing Ryerson Business Building.

Last night as I walked east towards Yonge on Dundas (2 blocks east of University), I noticed quite an interesting light show happening on the south side of Dundas - looked like lots of coloured flood lights constantly changing until the penny dropped and I realized it was an amazing reflection of the big video board at TLS being reflected on the upper windows of the Ryerson Business Building - bonus!!!

I get that too from my place only the LED screen is reflected off the building just east of the HNR building. I'm not sure what building it is I think it might be Opus.

On Saturday, my squeeze had to work (he works down in the cbd) and when he was done, I met him so we could ogle high-end kitchen wares in Williams Sonoma Eaton Centre. On walk home we passed through the Victoria-Dundas intersection and were happily surprised with the 'town' feeling it is getting. There is a whole new streetscape looking northward on Victoria street; the sheer back of the "TLS" is the start of a canyon effect, culminating with the south side of the Met condo. All of these elements work together to very good effect. And suddenly the sheltered area in Dundas --er, Kyle Rae -- Square has context. Looking forward to seeing a massive array of ads, and looking forward also to the ripple effect Dundas / Rae squre and TLS will have on the surrounding area in coming years; hopefully there will be a design review board to ensure the area keeps some flavour.

Don't know about those new black poles on Yonge, just yet, they look hokey to me.

Lastly, Dundas/Rae square really does need some "jewellry" for winter, and I don't mean one of those fit-for-Bracebridge xmas trees. When that fountain gets turned off, the square gets a new name: Bare Square.

Another observation on last night's walk was the encouraging amount of lit signage on the west and north faces of the Ryerson Business School which really is doing it's bit to carry the razzle dazzle of TLS westward. The Tire has done a respectable job with lots of big glowing red letters and even Mark's has done it's bit. Best Buy needs to do a rethink.

Back