News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.3K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 72     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 345     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yes, Kyle Rae has told me personally about his desire for a hotel there in my talks with him back a few years about how I was so disappointed that he wasn't doing more to force PenEquity to start building.

^^that clearly doesn't make much sense if you speak english, but I think you get the idea: Kyle Rae's plan for 227 has always been to knock it down and sell the plot of land along with Hakim to private interests in the hotel field.

...now off to bed. :p

Maybe I've had too much coffee. I understood exactly what MetroMan was saying first time around.

No More Gum Spots on Yonge!

I couldn't believe my eyes today. While walking on Yonge Street around Dundas Square, I noticed the thousands of ugly black gum spots were finally scrapped off the sidewalks!

They missed a few, however what a world of a difference it makes to the overall street appearance!

Just need to fix the broken sidewalks, dead trees and streetlights with left over christmas lights and we might become a world class city!

Louroz

Bah, winter is around the corner so dead or undead trees look the same, leftover xmas lights will save money, and the broken sidewalks and remainder of black gum will be invisible beneath the snow :D

There are companies which specialize in the removal & ongoing maintenance of removing gum from sidewalks, store entrances etc. The Church Wellesley BIA did a test on it at the Wellesley & Church corner for about half a year back in 2006 and it looked much improved during the "test".

Just need to fix the broken sidewalks, dead trees and streetlights with left over christmas lights and we might become a world class city!

Louroz

The city needs to "fix" the sidewalk and obstacles to pedestrian movement on the west side of Yonge in front of the Mammas Pizza/arcade/American Apparel store. I HATE that one little section where there are far too many poles and fire hydrants etc. Does Gould really need to have "DOWNTOWN YONGE" poles?

On the subject of those signs/poles..... UGLY. The finishings alongYonge really bug me. Ugly christmas lights, ugly Downtown Yonge signs. Surely something better could have been designed to compliment these intersections?

Looking east along Dundas at Bay last night it seemed as if there were new light standards along Dundas leading to Yonge, and that a lot of wooden poles had been removed. Does anybody know if this is the case? The whole street looked vastly improved.

That's true, I noticed it as well. By God, it's actually come true: they managed to increase foot traffic in that previously dead dead dead section of Dundas.

I don't know if it's the Ryerson Biz building or the Canadian Tire, but there is quite a bit of pedestrian traffic on that stretch of Dundas at all hours now.

That's true, I noticed it as well. By God, it's actually come true: they managed to increase foot traffic in that previously dead dead dead section of Dundas.

I don't know if it's the Ryerson Biz building or the Canadian Tire, but there is quite a bit of pedestrian traffic on that stretch of Dundas at all hours now.

It's Canuk Tire (to a lesser extent), Best Buy and Ryerson. I'm in Best Buy about once a week (I'm an electronics geek too) and it's always packed during the day. The new Future Shop is sure to take some pressure off Best Buy which can barely keep their shelves stocked and inventory in the store.

Looking east along Dundas at Bay last night it seemed as if there were new light standards along Dundas leading to Yonge, and that a lot of wooden poles had been removed.

Was it just from Bay to Yonge, or further west too? Either way, good news; that stretch of Dundas is pretty bad. I will go check it out tomorrow.

It's Canuk Tire (to a lesser extent)

I wouldn't say to a lesser extent. We just got their earnings a few weeks ago (Every store gets sent updates on other stores in the province) and they blew almost every other store away. It looks like the store is doing better than anyone had originally thought.

I wouldn't say to a lesser extent. We just got their earnings a few weeks ago (Every store gets sent updates on other stores in the province) and they blew almost every other store away. It looks like the store is doing better than anyone had originally thought.

Wow, that's excellent. I much prefer that store to the Yonge/Davenport location but whenever I'm in the Bay/Dundas store (which is often because I'm a Canuk Tire junkie too!) it doesn't seem that busy.

Back