News   Apr 24, 2024
 462     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 634     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 508     0 

The Scourge of Window Film

This just puzzled me, and is honestly just frustrating to see on a new project (though seemingly common).

So I noticed the new LCBO store footprint at Bathurst and Bloor seemed recessed from the back windows, though it's shown they leased that entire area. Turns out the back of house for the store is just lazily plopped down along the pedestrian part of the Honest Ed's Alley, thus window film!

There's so many ways this could've been leased out better to not just completely kill any amount of usefulness of the alley section. Either push the store footprint forward and shrink it, allowing mirco units to face the alley; or combine the two available units just south of this.

View attachment 483318

For context, this much of the frontage is going to be covered. WHY??

View attachment 483320

They actually have storage in the basement, if nothing else, there's no reason they couldn't have windows (without film) into the store on that side. That would still be sub-optimal, but better than window film!

That's a shame. Typically, I find the LCBO to be one of the "chain stores" that have better visual merchandising displays and avoid the use to window film.

Back