Toronto The New Residences of Yorkville Plaza | 92.05m | 31s | Camrost-Felcorp | WZMH COMPLETE

Should the Queens Park view corridor be preserved?

• Yes

Votes: 168 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 145 37.4%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 60 15.5%

• Total voters
Wow this project has changed . Good thing is both sides are working towards making this a reality. I think it may happen.

If anyone still wondering what's the big deal about the sightline, just check out the damage 1 Bedford has done to the Kings College on UofT. I am pro skyscraper but I was shocked by the effect of 1 Bedford...

CN Tower did it to UofT many years ago.
potd-ritz-uoft-confusion.jpg

I don't care about sight lines If it's a beautiful tower.

however I don't think this proposal is exactly a 'beautiful tower'

true ... but I am of the opinion that the Provincial Legislature building has substantially more significance than U of T

Or if one walks, like myself, the view from the east side of University Ave.

QP-21AveRd.jpg

It's not as bad as I originally envisioned, I had an image of something rising well beyond this. Somewhere between the City's proposed 116m to the 143m that the developer is asking for (south tower) could be workable.

FAIL.

Let Menkes go destroy more worthless views in North York. Leave this priceless one alone or better yet keep the existing building and enhance it. There's really nothing wrong with it.

What would you enhance, and why? Will Alsop was recentlyquoted suggesting a makeover for the Legislature - "That Scottish baronial-style edifice should look more cheerful. I'd have to expand it, change the roof line, and make it more transparent."

What would you enhance, and why? Will Alsop was recentlyquoted suggesting a makeover for the Legislature - "That Scottish baronial-style edifice should look more cheerful. I'd have to expand it, change the roof line, and make it more transparent."

I was referring to 21 Avenue Road, the current Four Seasons. It seems ridiculous to destroy a perfectly functional 30-storey building. Instead it could be renovated, restored and enhanced.

I was referring to 21 Avenue Road, the current Four Seasons. It seems ridiculous to destroy a perfectly functional 30-storey building. Instead it could be renovated, restored and enhanced.

Its probably cheaper to demolish and build new this over 30 year outdated building than to renovate/restore it.

Its not perfectly functional for the purpose the new buildings are intended for - in fact its not even *perfectly* functional for its current use; that's why their building a brand new Four Seasons down the street. When the building was first created it was perfectly fine for its purpose at the time, but that is then and this is now and this is one of the best locations in the city. Retrofitting would be a wasted opportunity.

potd-ritz-uoft-confusion.jpg

Then again, that isn't a classic "postcard view with a climax" the way that UC or the Ontario Legislature is. And maybe one might argue that the ruination wasn't the CN Tower, but Med Sci in the foreground...

Its not perfectly functional for the purpose the new buildings are intended for - in fact its not even *perfectly* functional for its current use; that's why their building a brand new Four Seasons down the street. When the building was first created it was perfectly fine for its purpose at the time, but that is then and this is now and this is one of the best locations in the city. Retrofitting would be a wasted opportunity.

What kind of city are we building if we encourage developers to push the reset button on any property that doesn't keep up with the latest trend in supposed luxury living? Nice knowing ya Manulife Centre! So long Benvenuto!

I think the view is just fine, and getting better as time goes by time. Standing on Bloor not that long ago, I remember thinking how abrupt and disjointed the downtown looked around the CN Tower. At least now, something of a cityline panorama can be grasped from this location. In this city we always seem to be waiting for the next " big " project to bridge the gaps.

Back