Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
Just noticed this one for the first time when I walked by yesterday.

There is no action at all on the site. Just a billboard.

Great location (except maybe for gas fumes) but judging by this thread not much has been going on with it for a while. Anyone know if it is going ahead?

milanad1.jpg

Apparently, only wealthy white people with drivers need apply.

milanad2.jpg
milanad3.jpg
milanad4.jpg

Not a bad looking building, but it reminds me of another building.

milanrender.jpg

In fact, isn't it almost exactly the same as the Success Tower, except that it is just the inverse?

(I'm sure the architect would strongly disagree... but come on, it is rather reminiscent of it).

successcompare.jpg

Might be reminiscent, but this one looks potentially elegant, while Success looks like a piece of crap.

Ah yes, the return of the tuxedo and nightgown crowd to condo shmarketing.

Is she walking the plank in that first image?

Wasn't this tower at one time known as the "Dallas tower" or something similar. I can't recall the exact reason why... did early rendering have the Dallas skyline in the background?

Dallas, Milan - it's all the same in the world condo shmarketing.

Like the Gramercy Park development in North York looks like Gramercy Park in New York. Big similarity.

The tower never had an official name like Dallas, rather it was how it was informally known when it was first proposed.

I saw an ad for this on in the Condo Magazine. I didn't know there was space for another Tower in Yorkville.

Very cool.

Not really in Yorkville proper - more like Yorkville improper just southeast of the Tire.

Actually, there are few sites left between Yonge & Bay if no one objects to tearing down a parking garage and a couple of ho-hum office buildings on Bay.

It looks like they're walking the red carpet, and he's waving to the fans, but they're really just flagging down a taxi.

it probably will be too, aesthetically...i do not trust the people who built CP yet, they need to prove people wrong with this tower...their renders are fucking deceiving. period.

If you weren't complaining about a Graziani + Corazza design, I would consider your language a little inappropriate for Mayberry.

Back