News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 544     0 

The F**k Canada Incident

He cares enough to find it repulsive....but worships the 4th of July....which I find repulsive.

Who said he worships the fourth of July? Could you please link a post where he said that? And if he is an American citizen or resident is there something wrong with him having as much pride in his homeland as you have in yours?

Last edited:
Who said he worships the fourth of July? Could you please link a post where he said that? And if he is an American citizen or resident is there something wrong with him having as much pride in his homeland as you have in yours?

^It's hilarious.:p I find the idea of Canada Day repulsive myself.:) (Tomorrow is my real holiday.:D)
(posted 07-03-2009)

Now, "tomorrow" could have simply meant Saturday, or I think he was being half-serious / sarcastic anyway.

As for being an American citizen, I don't think there's anything wrong with one having pride in his homeland, but I don't think it will be much appreciated for an American to say he finds Canada Day "repulsive" (it's not like we broke away from them in an armed rebellion).

It didn't even strike me to think of that statement as a reference to the 4th of July (i just thought he was referring to the weekend). Then again maybe I don't have the same obsession with the US (or anti-Americanism) as some folks here.

I find it hard to believe that a crank-yanker like UD prefers Independence Day to Canada Day. It would be more to his character to pshaw both as nationalistic non-sense, which is what they are. Set us straight, UD!

The issue is the constant barrage of negative media the Muslims get in Canada (and France, the USA and Britain too for that matter). Even if we disregard the whole terrorism 'thing' or human rights issues in general, in the absence of any normalizing positive-image media attention - Muslim Canada Day picnics anyone? - we cannot help but form a negative gut-reaction opinion in a 'they're always complaining and wanting to change the system/traditions to make it like where they come from which must be pretty shitty to start with and why don't they try to better mix and integrate with others' kind of way. Are we evil and flawed for feeling this way? No, just human, despite what the PCers and white liberal-guilters would have us believe.

Then again maybe I don't have the same obsession with the US (or anti-Americanism) as some folks here.

You're the guy who defends them at all costs, even in threads that have nothing to do with 'america'....you're the loudest american apologist here....I'd say you're the one who is obsessed ;)

What galls me about this individual's complaints though, is that it presumes that Canada has somehow committed a grave injustice against Palestinians that deems us worthy of being told to 'F**k off'.

Having lived in the Middle East and witnessed how poorly other Arabs treat the Palestinians, I can say that even the despicable behaviour by some Israelis often does not compare, let alone some supposed offence by Canada because we apparently wish to maintain an unbiased stance in the conflict. How that's racist is beyond me. And should we choose to only recognize political parties that don't advocate violence against Israeli civilians, apparently that makes us the second coming of Third Reich. That's what I find offensive.

i'm not proud to be canadian because i see being proud of inheritable traits as a bit weird. it's kinda like me being proud that i have bones. i'm happy to be canadian but this could be a personal bias due to being born here. i'd rather be canadian than be a citizen of most other countries and i'm not sure if i would ever leave canada. my personal philosophy is that i'm not the best and i find this philosophy a good one. it leaves room for improvement. if you think you're the best, that's not really motivation to be better. ultra-nationalism & pride is a very dangerous philosophy that will guarantee you a one way ticket on a downward path.

one of the good qualities of canada is that most people here seem not to be ultra-nationalistic.

You're the guy who defends them at all costs, even in threads that have nothing to do with 'america'....you're the loudest american apologist here....I'd say you're the one who is obsessed ;)

There's a big difference between opposing raw anti-Americanism and being pro-American or an American apologist. If I would find any such comments offensive or unjustified against my own country then I am more than willing to oppose them being directed against any other country (not just the US). But then again, I wouldn't expect you to understand such nuance.

There's a big difference between opposing raw anti-Americanism and being pro-American or an American apologist.

...and being the apologist that you are, I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.

every time a utility company is installing a pole or some construction company is driving a pile, somebody is f**king canada. ;)

Back