News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 591     0 

The Burj in Toronto?

The CN Tower lost it's tallest building/free standing structure title sometime ago and it never really mattered. The CN Tower has a great story behind it. None of which had anything ego motivated or about being bigger/taller/better. It was something to be proud of without having the necessity of being better than anyone else. It's still something to be proud of and I find it complements our skyline as opposed to being the one and only focal point.

Canadians are a modest people...........

Actually, they still have a title, i'm just not sure which one. I'm pretty sure that it is the tallest tower since it is a tower and not necessarily a building.
CN Tower is still the world's tallest completed tower, but the Canton Tower has already been topped out and will take that title when it officially opens in a few months.

CN Tower is still the world's tallest completed tower, but the Canton Tower has already been topped out and will take that title when it officially opens in a few months.
Time to jack it up a few hundred meters then?

Who cares if the CN tower isn't the tallest building on earth? We have that legacy, and it's just a single stop in the many places to go downtown, which is just one of the many places to go in the GTA/GGH as a tourist or on a saturday afternoon. It compliments our skyline, which would look stupid without it, and gives a fantastic view of the entire city, making an easy way to see just how amazing it is.

It also looks better than many of the communication and tourist towers built in its time in Europe, like the Fernsehturm in Berlin or the Ostankino Tower. I attribute this to its signature beautiful sloped tripod design, bulging main deck and secondary "skypod" for balance.

It also looks better than many of the communication and tourist towers built in its time in Europe, like the Fernsehturm in Berlin or the Ostankino Tower. I attribute this to its signature beautiful sloped tripod design, bulging main deck and secondary "skypod" for balance.[/QUOTE

Does anybody know how long the Tower is supposed to last ? Imagine the fight there'll be to preserve the " heritage " site.

Actually, they still have a title, i'm just not sure which one. I'm pretty sure that it is the tallest tower since it is a tower and not necessarily a building.

I think the Guangzhou TV Tower will take that title next year, seeing as how it was just recently completed.

Back