News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

The Berczy Condo - Critique the B9 Unit recently released

played around with this one a bit more. Here is my redesign, with before and after. By omitting the den, I've made room for a spacious bathroom with large shower and double vanity, larger kitchen with island and large kitchen table that can seat 10 (bench built into wall with storage underneath). I put a two sided fireplace that is viewable from kitchen and living room. There is room for a full size couch and entertainment centre, shelving/storage around the entertainment centre, and also potential bookshelf on the wall to the left of the couch. One problem is what looks to be a load bearing wall in the bathroom; if it can't be moved, this redesign is not possible.

Any thoughts?

CondoRedesignBerczyB9

http://picasaweb.google.com/brent.berry/CondoRedesignBerczyB9#5543183315014857138

Last edited:
Some good ideas here, it would probably be a more livable space than the original design.

In general, though, I think bathrooms can't be moved around because of pipes, etc.

played around with this one a bit more. Here is my redesign, with before and after. By omitting the den, I've made room for a spacious bathroom with large shower and double vanity, larger kitchen with island and large kitchen table that can seat 10 (bench built into wall with storage underneath). I put a two sided fireplace that is viewable from kitchen and living room. There is room for a full size couch and entertainment centre, shelving/storage around the entertainment centre, and also potential bookshelf on the wall to the left of the couch. One problem is what looks to be a load bearing wall in the bathroom; if it can't be moved, this redesign is not possible.

Any thoughts?

CondoRedesignBerczyB9

http://picasaweb.google.com/brent.berry/CondoRedesignBerczyB9#5543183315014857138

Much better! I would be worried if it is too cramped with the island and the dining table... Also, where is the washer and dryer now?

Back