News   May 13, 2024
 785     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 756     0 

thank you

when your country was populated only by buffalos and few native americans an italian man called Colombo discovered what you now call your country

Not to start an argument but there were other Europeans here before Columbus...and "Natives" on this side of the world built quite a civilization for themselves! And as Cassius pointed out, they "discovered" this land long before any Europeans...

In any case, people were just teasing...it's good of you to participate :)

I understand that people were teasing but what I don't understand is why at 3:49 in the morning you are still reading and writing replies in this forum!?!?!?!Go to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

It is my understanding (am I correct) that

New Amsterdam settlement dates from 1614
New France settlement dates from 1604

Not that it makes a difference, I just like braging rights over my American cousins.

I understand that people were teasing but what I don't understand is why at 3:49 in the morning you are still reading and writing replies in this forum!?!?!?!Go to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I work late :)

"Not that it makes a difference, I just like braging rights over my American cousins."

St. Augustine, FL - founded 1565.

L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland. UNESCO World Heritage Site. Vikings. 11th Century.

Back