501     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 613     0 

Thai Restaurants

H

hamilton905

Can someone recommend a good Thai restaurant in the city limits. I'm craving to try it out. Unfortunately where I live there is little or next to none.

The Green Mango on both sides of Yonge Street (just a bit south of Bloor) is good value for the money. The east-side location is take-out "cafeteria style" while the west-side is a proper sit-down restaurant. I'm sure there's better in T.O., but the Mango's prices are hard to beat!

P.S. It's also steps from The Village if you are going to be here for Pride.

My faves:

Bua Thai
150 Avenue Rd.
Toronto, ON
M5R 2H8

Green Onion
112 Dundas St. W.
Toronto, ON
M5G 1C3

Salad King on Gould St. just off Yonge is good too, though not exactly authentic.

AoD

Just don't go to Spring Rolls. Can't understand what the crowds see in this place.

Some surprisingly good Thai and VietThai restaurants in North York - there's a new place right across the street from me that's really good - so tasty and quite reasonable.

There's something neat about the 1950s/1960s/1970s strips where some interesting restaurants and stores can be found, thanks to cheap rents and nearby ethnic communities.

spm, very true. Tried out a tasty authentic Mexican resto (El Jacalito) in a basement location at Royal York and Eglinton. Also, my fave Turkish joint (Anatolia) at Dundas and Kipling. Don't let the news about Rexdale scare you off. There are many great and cheap Indian restos there too. There's one place where you get 5 samosas for a buck. Lots of good buffets there. For fish & chips, there's a place at Burnhamthorpe east of the 427. My God, I've been eating out a lot.

Thanks everyone for the advice and selection.
My partner and I do intend on making it to Pride. We'll likely decide after we meet up and go out for a snack afterwards. However I am leaning towards SK.

yo Hamilton,

I agree with Darkstar and Alvin. Green Mango and SK are two of my favs!

See ya this weekend!

Louroz

Absolutely love the Salad King. Loved it so much, went back today and to my displeasure it was closed :(
La prochaine fois.

Back