News   May 16, 2024
 743     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 574     0 

Sydney, Australia

hkskyline

Member Bio
Reaction score
I realize I had some Sydney photos lurking around unposted to my website during my Chinese New Year housecleaning. Now it's time to bring them back to life even though I'm 2 years late. My backlog is slowly being cleaned up as automation accelerate the processing and posting steps!

Taste of the Sea

1. Sydney Fish Market is my absolute favourite eating place. Too bad there are so few spots to eat outside, and we had to settle for the grass a few times, which was already packed by lunch time.

IMG_9784.jpg

2. Canadian oysters costed about a buck each when in-season. I used that as a benchmark and the Aussies charged about the same here. I helped myself and had an absolute feast.

IMG_9794.jpg

3. There was quite a large array of seafood available. I didn't have a chance to try all of them, and my regret was having missed the Moreton Bay bugs!

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9800.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

8. Sea urchin was a bit disappointing though, although I didn't get it at this store. This creature needs to be very fresh or else it will taste absolutely awful!

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

10. I came back to this market a few times during my 2-month stay in Australia for oysters. I could never get these prices in Hong Kong!

IMG_9808.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

13. Too bad I'm not too good at cooking fish. I used to cook tuna quite often during my days in New York, since it's safe to eat tuna that is not too well cooked! These look quite yummy, although not sure what will happen if I make it a bit too raw.

IMG_9818.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9825.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg

18. There was a reason why I didn't try the bugs. They looked disgusting and not so edible upon first sight. But I was told they were good and I procrastinated to try. Now I have my regrets.

IMG_9829.jpg

IMG_9831.jpg

Lunch Jog

20. Aussies are very healthy people. At lunch, the park around the Opera House would be full of office workers jogging and playing sports. With the beautiful blue sky out, it was a crime not to be out.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

22. Classified ...

IMG_0760.jpg

23. Why swim in a pool when the ocean is right next to you?

IMG_0762.jpg

24. This is only a 10-minute jog from the financial district!

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

27. This is why Sydney has such high quality of life. Imagine having a home office on the yacht, wiring money to distant corners around the world.

IMG_0786.jpg

28. The day cannot get more perfect than this!

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

HKS: Neat Sydney,Australia pics!
The fish store looked rather interesting and those Balmain bugs reminded me somewhat of lobsters-insects of the sea if I would say myself.

Those outdoor pics were quite nice-what month were you there? The weather looked just perfect...
If I was to ever travel to Sydney going on the Harbour Bridge tour would be a must to me!
LI MIKE

My visit started in March and went on until June although I wasn't always in Sydney during the whole period. The weather was perfect. Even June was like 20C!

The Harbour Bridge Climb is quite expensive. If you're going for the vantage point only, then the Pylon Lookout gets you almost as high and the views are good.

Back