News   Jul 23, 2024
 242     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 324     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 938     1 

Summerlicious 2009

Took my Mum to Batifole - the local bistro on Gerrard - last night. Food's good, they've an excellent wine selection, and the staff are polite and efficient. It's always been a bit noisy there - what with all those hard surfaces and all - but that adds to the energy level of the place. There's also a small outdoor seating area, under an awning at the front.

$25 Dinner
plus taxes and gratuity

Chilled Tomatoes & Roasted Garlic Velouté, basil crème fraîche (vegetarian)
or
Eggplant Mousseline & Green Olives Tapenade, Toast Campagnard (vegetarian)
or
Grilled Vegetables Summer Salad, Fig Vinaigrette (vegetarian)

Oven baked filet of Smooth Dory & Wild Salmon Provencal
or
Roasted Pork Shank & Portobello forestiere
or
Assorted Provencal Vegetables Brimming with Vegetarian Stuffing (vegetarian)

Crème Caramel & Almond Crisp
or
Vanilla Ice Cream Profiteroles & Chocolate Sauce
or
Summer Fruit Crumble & Drunk Berries Coulis

Cuy con papas?

Nope! They don't serve rodent at the Boulevard Cafe, and I missed my chance for guinea pig when I was in Peru. I did try alpaca when I was down there, but neither is it available at the Boulevard Cafe!

Me: Ceviche plus Pollo tropical. BuildTO: Humita plus Lomo Saltado. All very good!

Took my Mum to Batifole - the local bistro on Gerrard - last night. Food's good, they've an excellent wine selection, and the staff are polite and efficient. It's always been a bit noisy there - what with all those hard surfaces and all - but that adds to the energy level of the place. There's also a small outdoor seating area, under an awning at the front.

$25 Dinner
plus taxes and gratuity

I've enjoyed Batifole before too! Good place!

I'm off work ( oops! "work" ) next week, so Mumsy and I are lunching at that other fine Riverdale restaurant, the Globe Bistro. Then back home to make more jam.

We've done the Boiler House for Winterlicious and now Summerlicious - good meals, great setting.

I'm off work ( oops! "work" ) next week, so Mumsy and I are lunching at that other fine Riverdale restaurant, the Globe Bistro. Then back home to make more jam.

Had a great time there on my birthday on Monday. Service was a tad slow but the food was perfect. And they haven't skimped out on their Summerlicious menu. Was worth the $35 price tag and with their Summerlicious wine recommendation (which was really good) and coffee with desert, tax, tip, it all came to 60 per person.....remarkable value.

My girlfriend and I booked three, and we've done two so far.

Lunch at Canoe was great - they really get you on the drinks but I was happy with the entire meal and service. They are generally faster in service.

Dinner at Auberge Du Pommier was okay - first course was this disgusting fish blended grossness that I didn't enjoy. They really upped on service though when they knew I didn't like and gave me another starter free.

Main course was excellent. Got to sit outside on the awesomly sunny Saturday evening weather. If you're willing to shell a bit more, I suggest the $16 wine pairing for each course - really good selection.

North 44 is our last stop, and I've always loved that place, so I'm looking forward to it.

I also ended up at Sultan's Tent (pre summerlicious) and was meh'd by the whole experience. It was alright but didn't really WOW me.

I also ended up at Sultan's Tent (pre summerlicious) and was meh'd by the whole experience. It was alright but didn't really WOW me.

i was also there last week and i share you comments. the food was ok but i don't think it was anything amazing really, especially for the price. and the belly dancers were a bit underwhelming.

however, one thing i did like was the decor. it really creates an interesting atmosphere that isn't comparable to other restaurants

My companion and I loved everything we had at Mildred's Temple Kitchen, and the place was fun, loud and had high energy! Was it $10 better per person than the Boulevard Cafe though? I dunno - BuildTO and I had a great meal there for $25 per person.

Lunch at Globe Bistro was fine for twenty bucks.

Then back to Batifole with friends, a couple of days later, for another great evening - their dinner for $25 was as good as before.

Back