2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 678     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Streetsville

D

doady

Yes, the this photo thread of Mississauga, but at leas tit is of a good part of Mississauga. Streetsville on the way to my school using MT so I stopped by before school to take pics one day last month and also today. Didn't have much time on either day cuz I had to go to school, so it is not a comprehensive photo tour.

First, the pics from September 30th:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

And here the pics from the today. Sorry about the lack of pics of the main strip which might be more interesting for you guys, considering this is a forum about urban issues. But the only reason I even got up this early in the first place was because the sounds of construction woke me up, so I only got like 3 hours of sleep and I am not a coffee drinker so I wasn't thinking straight. At one point, I was struggling to see what was in the monitor of my camera because I was so sleepy, lol. And of course, I also needed to get to school on time.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nice tour, thanks.

original.jpg

"Pedestrians? What are those?"
- bewildered Mississauga motorist

I remember going there for the first time several years back and thinking "Why isn't the rest of Mississauga like this?!"

Great tour...Streetsville is pretty nice.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I thought that "Caution: Pedestrians" sign was funny too, considering the mayor got hit by a car in this area. It is warning drvers coming off a driveway, not an actual street, and the pedestrians are hard to see cuz of the buildings blocking the view.

Great pics of Mississauga's second nicest urban area (next to Port Credit of course).

Ahh Streetsville, I have spent many a drunken night in that great place.

I remember going there for the first time several years back and thinking "Why isn't the rest of Mississauga like this?!"
Because before the unification, Streetsville was just like any other small town in Ontario like Walkerton or Hanover. Its link to Mississauga is aritificial.

Back