News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 644     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

streetlevel Toronto - central westend (56 photos)

S

seaqueue

included are shots around Little Italy, Niagara, some south Annex/Harbord village, some Brockton, Kensington, University, and a couple around Little Portugal.

hood875xi.jpg

snow15kv.jpg

snow137jd.jpg

hood330ov.jpg

bloor128qz.jpg

hood1382fy.jpg

snow45zy.jpg

bloor78so.jpg

snow256cx.jpg

hood835rd.jpg

hood963or.jpg

snow576im.jpg

snow275ex.jpg

snow665jw.jpg

hood546ab.jpg

hood252cy.jpg

hood1317ay.jpg

snow328gn.jpg

nia153nk.jpg

snow165il.jpg

hood1347xm.jpg

snow400yv.jpg

hood1153ce.jpg

hood1393os.jpg

nia99jg.jpg

hood862nb.jpg

nia116yv.jpg

nia27ve.jpg

snow216gw.jpg

hood1256as.jpg

hood782dq.jpg

snow237le.jpg

bloor85om.jpg

snow427qg.jpg

hood1177cq.jpg

snow556li.jpg

snow72fr.jpg

snow637lc.jpg

snow173mz.jpg

snow484go.jpg

snow515cz.jpg

hood1020jg.jpg

snow533qy.jpg

snow656lp.jpg

snow107dl.jpg

snow82gt.jpg

snow624gx.jpg

hood525jj.jpg

snow66hy.jpg

hood828pb.jpg

snow584zk.jpg

snow156to.jpg

hood1280it.jpg

brick176gi.jpg

snow128uy.jpg

hood1102cy.jpg

Nice tour! Old, small, pedestrian-friendly... that's what it's all about.

great pics. I was wondering what type of neighbourhoods these are. Lower middle class I guess??
Also, that's quite a dense environment. I can imagine public transport would work quite well there.

Nice pics. I always enjoy seeing TO in the winter, without the Army.

great pics. I was wondering what type of neighbourhoods these are. Lower middle class I guess??

Well it would be all over the spectrum really. Middle class sounds about right though.

Largely "working class" years ago, but now transitioning to middle class. These neighbourhoods are centrally located with good transit service and good access to almost everything.

First Toronto pic tour thread in how long?! too long.

found my new wallpaper:

hood546ab.jpg

hope you don't mind!

Largely "working class" years ago, but now transitioning to middle class.
Is that due to gentrification?

These neighbourhoods are centrally located with good transit service and good access to almost everything.
I guess that's why this neighbourhood is wanted by middle-class households, then.

At www.toronto.ca you can see the 1996 and 2001 census data outlined in neighbourhood profiles. The neighbourhoods are predominantly middle-class but the fastest growing demographic is the $100,000+ household income bracket and the fastest shrinking is that below the poverty line. They also outline ethnicity, immigration, sex, age and other interesting stuff.

^thanks! That's interesting. So it's increasingly being inhabited by the rich.
You know, I find www.statisticscanada.ca a very good website aswell. I used it to get information about ethnic minorities in Toronto, which is the subject of a paper that I'm writing for uni.

These neighbourhoods are centrally located with good transit service and good access to almost everything.

Downtown neighbourhoods like these actually have among the lowest transit modal splits in the inner city. In my ward (trinity-spadina) the least common mode of travel is transit, with more people either walking/cycling, or driving. It's like miketoronto has always been saying: the TTC is there first and foremost for suburbanites. By moving downtown, I reduced my monthly trips on the TTC by about 95%.

Thanks for posting by the way. Great neighbourhoods.

It tends to be more "lower middle class" the further west you go. The areas pictured in some of those photos would definitely be upper middle-class.

I used it to get information about ethnic minorities in Toronto, which is the subject of a paper that I'm writing for uni.

The crop of 1987 is in university already... man.

Ronald, out of interest - are you from TO or do you find yourself in town for school?

Edit: Fantastic pics, seaqueue, thanks!

Back