News   Apr 19, 2024
 169     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 841     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7.9K     2 

Street Signs

I suspect that the signs with a 'neighbourhood slant' date from the 1990s. Certainly the ones in St Lawrence were all installed in about 1999-2001 when the neighbourhood association and the then Councillor (Kyle Rae and then Pam McConnell) used s 37 funds to make a whole bunch of them. As seems to be inevitable, as these get damaged or fall over, they are replaced with the standard City signs.
Makes sense seeing that the only Neighbourhood signs created were all non-embossed.

A reminder that old street signs are being auctioned off at Platinum Auctions. Inventory is high now after bare pickings during much of COVID .

Funny you mention this as I've been looking to grow my collection for months. I noticed they added some more but unfortunately they have none from neighborhoods I am particularly interested in personally.

Would you happen to have any yourself that are for sale? Or know of anyone with any?

Funny you mention this as I've been looking to grow my collection for months. I noticed they added some more but unfortunately they have none from neighborhoods I am particularly interested in personally.

Would you happen to have any yourself that are for sale? Or know of anyone with any?

I'm sorry, I don't. But it wouldn't surprise me if some are being "flipped" on other markets like E-Bay.

This might be the last of its kind in Etobicoke.

IMG_3272-001.JPG

Back