News   Jul 23, 2024
 208     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 800     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 2K     0 

Star: Store bathroom battle escalates

I don't get it. They say there should be more washrooms so people who need to go can go. But it should be private use? That defeats the purpose. So if you gotta go, you need to shop first? I think there are enough washrooms around. Just some are for private use so you can't use it.

Last edited:
There's already a solution. Coffee shops. They're everywhere. Use the facilities, buy something if you're guilt ridden.

It is disappointing that large supermarkets in Toronto rarely have them; I can understand why they aren't permitted a cafeteria - which might take away business from nearbye restaurants - but the lack of washrooms is positively primitive. Other than the one beneath Yonge-Dundas Square I can't think of any public washrooms the city maintains.

It is disappointing that large supermarkets in Toronto rarely have them; I can understand why they aren't permitted a cafeteria - which might take away business from nearbye restaurants - but the lack of washrooms is positively primitive. Other than the one beneath Yonge-Dundas Square I can't think of any public washrooms the city maintains.

All of the T&Ts have them.

Travel tips for finding loos: government offices, hotels have a lobby level bathroom or one near a meeting room (usually 2nd floor, dress like you belong and no one will hassle you, mall or office food courts.

T.O. public loos- I think there is one in front of Metro Centre near King and John.

Moose's Public loos Best Cities List:

1.Amsterdam - you can pee in the trough.
2. London - the one in Greenwich near the Maritime Museum is an untouched Victorian treat.
3. Toronto.
55th Manhattan - where you can spend money at the Murray Hill McDs and they inform you the loos is for employees only.

"I can't manage to pass a washroom without using it," Moscoe told the committee.

if you put a bunch of port-o-pottys on a rotating turntable, if he happens to walk by them, the poor guy might get stuck in an infinite loop!

I know there are also (mothballed) public lavatories at Queen/Jones and in Grange Park.

Anyone know if any of the underground ones are still down there? I doubt they would've gone to the trouble of excavating and removing them, probably easier to just backfill and then tear out the stairwell. They'd make for neat time capsules

All of the T&Ts have them.
Travel tips for finding loos: government offices, hotels have a lobby level bathroom or one near a meeting room (usually 2nd floor, dress like you belong and no one will hassle you, mall or office food courts.

Some hotels may let you use it but not all. The 8 ball one or something at China Town won't let you use it. Usually chinese tours meet there and especially on sunday mornings, they're closed. Closest washroom was the hotel and they wouldn't let people use it. Next closest one was the 24 hr McD. There's also a few places that reject people from using washrooms too unless you're a customer.

As for finding one near meeting rooms. I doubt people will walk around dressed like they belong just in case they need to use the washroom if they pass by a meeting room.

Some hotels may let you use it but not all. The 8 ball one or something at China Town won't let you use it. Usually chinese tours meet there and especially on sunday mornings, they're closed. Closest washroom was the hotel and they wouldn't let people use it. Next closest one was the 24 hr McD. There's also a few places that reject people from using washrooms too unless you're a customer.

As for finding one near meeting rooms. I doubt people will walk around dressed like they belong just in case they need to use the washroom if they pass by a meeting room.

Yes, Chinatown is badly in need of public facilities. A shame it has to be this way. You have to feel for older and younger bladders.

It's a wonder that city parking garages don't include loos...it almost seems like a natural thing to have...

There's an iPhone App called "Sit or Squat". It's GPS enabled and allows you to pinpoint a public loo in the immediate vicinity. WC's are rated and many have photos so you can expect to .... well, sit or squat.

looking for interviewees

Hi...I'm writing a story about this issue. Is there someone that I can interview, I would like to hear your opinion in more detail....Thanks!! Let me know I need to write the story ASAP.

Back