News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 543     0 

St. Paul's by-election

It must be driving John Tory crazy that this HST business came out after his byelection. If last night was a byelection in Kwartha, and he was running, he probably would have won. Assuming he would have been against it....

That's the problem. The PCs can't even legitimately BE against this tax because they're so unlikely to repeal it. This isn't some crazy scheme Dalton dreamed up by himself. This is something the Federal government really wanted to do as it's a pro-business move. The feds wanted it so much they gave Dalton 4.3 billion dollars to help make the transition.

Every time Hudak rages against the HST he's essentially calling Jim Flaherty a moron. And, sure, Jim Flaherty IS a moron, but it's unlikely that Hudak would agree with that assessment.

I just don't understand how anybody is going to take the Tories seriously, when they are campaigning against themselves on the HST.

It's almost like the provincial and federal wing cooked up this plan to try and discredit McGuinty. I just don't think voters are that stupid.

What a disaster for the Tories. Of course they weren't going to win - St. Paul's is a super-safe Liberal seat - but they couldn't close the gap at all.

Well, unless going from 20.89 to 19.27 points counts as "closing the gap" (uh, yeah).

The trouble with SAL is that, whatever her gender orientation (incidental), she reminds me of the kinds of middle-aged secreterial-staff broads who spend several minutes collecting winnings and buying new tickets at the lottery counter...

Well, unless going from 20.89 to 19.27 points counts as "closing the gap" (uh, yeah).

The trouble with SAL is that, whatever her gender orientation (incidental), she reminds me of the kinds of middle-aged secreterial-staff broads who spend several minutes collecting winnings and buying new tickets at the lottery counter...

Does it make me a bad person to be utterly disgusted when I see people buying lottery tickets? It's like watching people shoot up with heroin on the street.

Last edited:
At this point - and it pains me to say this as I think SAL is more than a little batty - I would vote for her if she ran for Toronto council as Michael Walker is an increasingly deranged, useless, and inaccessible sack of shit.

Please note I did *not* vote for her in this past by-election.

That lit up my day.

What hath I wrought. Overhearing the inimitable "do-DO-do-DO-DO" melody and *Winner!* *Gagnon!* today, I thought of Sue-Ann Levy...

Back