News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 671     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

St Lawrence Market

Hold on, you spent enough time in a suburban mall next to two highways, surrounded by parking to know that? Did you have a fever?
Hey now, Sherway was my go-to mall during my childhood (even my love for MOTU was born there in 1982!) - I spent a lot of time there and have a lot of fond memories of the place before it was ruined by successive renovations...

From https://retail-insider.com/retail-i...estaurants-to-the-financial-district-feature/

1714253933603.png

Yikes, that's the former Hiro Sushi, correct? I've always been slightly alarmed that the building looks quite crooked, I wonder if that's the cause. If you look in in this streetview image you can see the leftmost second floor window above the red facade slumps dramatically downward on the left. But I'm just speculating, the cause could be something else entirely.View attachment 541956

Scaffolding went up today so it looks like they’ll be attempting to fix the building.

Scaffolding went up today so it looks like they’ll be attempting to fix the building.
It is part of a row (and a very old row) so it really DOES need to be fixed. I doubt it could be demolished without causing its neighbours to collapse too. The back wall (possibly of an addition, not the original building) was demolished a while ago and it too now needs work

Back