Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

I'd rather have a parking lot for 5-10 years, than a short tower for who knows how many years. I feel just the opposite - I'd rather have a moderately sized tower now than a parking lot sitting there forever. I do understand, though, your point of view. I'm just a pessimist so I'm glad when anything is announced as moving ahead.

Okay, let's demolish something like, say, the old Canada Permanent building at Bay + Adelaide. It's a short tower that's been there for who knows how many years, 80 or so...

Agreed... a missed opportunity. With PATH, direct access to TTC and GO there should have been a higher minimum.

or lose the lower maximum ... although preserving the gateway to the city from perpetual shadow certainly is a just cause ... nah, forget city building ... let's build 'em tall lie some sun belt

(oh, yeah, forgot; this crowd desires to live on Wall Street !!!)

Wow...so now we are just waiting on ICE, and what was four corners of parking lots less than 2 years ago becomes part of the city. And, by the looks of these projects, a very attractive part at that.

Amazing.

And once the lot beside 18 York houses a new development, and when Infinity 3+4 is completed, we'll have a whole new neighborhood.

Hopefully there will be good enough reason to go down there (other then to see the game). If so, this area will really help to link the waterfront to the rest of the city.

or lose the lower maximum ... although preserving the gateway to the city from perpetual shadow certainly is a just cause ... nah, forget city building ... let's build 'em tall lie some sun belt

(oh, yeah, forgot; this crowd desires to live on Wall Street !!!)

It may be the gateway to the city (in a car), but it's not exactly a sunny area, anyway. Everyone who'll be living in the area will be in a high rise themselves, it's not as though this one tower being taller would make any significant change to the feel or shadows in the neighbourhood.

Excavation started

2851393115_c666d58500_o.jpg

Wow...so now we are just waiting on ICE, and what was four corners of parking lots less than 2 years ago becomes part of the city. And, by the looks of these projects, a very attractive part at that.

Amazing.

Floor been build to house the presentation office today

I wonder if that really counts as excavation starting. Don't they usually send piledrivers in to do shoring work first then send in a fleet of backhoes, rather than just roll in one backhoe and a dump-truck? I wonder what it's up to? Must be site prep of some kind...

Back