News   Apr 18, 2024
 449     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 3.4K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     4 

someMidTowner's Toronto Photos

where is that abandoned building? looks like a scene from the bruce willis Reds movie...

Last edited:
That TD complex is a great addition. I remember watching it go up in the 90s when I was a kid. I'd geek out over it as my dad drove down the Gardiner.
I love it too! Here's a shot of the Shangri-La from this evening. First time I have ever used a mirrorless camera, so all my shots from tonight are pure experimentation

Shangri-La Toronto by Jack Landau, on Flickr

I really wish those eastern side angles on Shangri-La wrapped around the entire tower. The profile and western side could have been more interesting that way. The latter, especially, would have made for neat reflections from the setting sun.

What's happening across the street from Mars? Work on the Hydro Building?

Best photo of TD/Canada Trust Tower I've ever seen btw.
Something heavy was being lifted with a crane on April 23rd. It looked like HVAC equipment but I never really looked into it. And thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the Hearn pix. Luminato has a lot of cleanup work to do before June!

BMO Field was all lit up this evening as they were testing equipment. Was about to take photos but it started pouring.. They may have even been studying the roof's performance under a heavy downpour. Anyway, the canopies look good and the whole complex looked great lit up in the twilight. It will be a great venue for multiple sports and other events for years to come.

Back