News   Apr 26, 2024
 671     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

someMidTowner's Toronto Photos

These are great shots.

January 7th 2013:

rXXU7.jpg

I like this one, in particular, the most.

Thanks lucci! Your photos are amazing so it means a lot.

Today: Decided to make a little pilgrimage to Maple Leaf Gardens - something I might turn into a bit of a tradition and do on the first day of every NHL season from now on.

csmP3jY.jpg

kG3OZ6P.jpg

A couple more shots from the financial district this afternoon:

Vertical Pano of Financial district

peTK887.jpg

Looking up the corner of First Canadian Place

I7g22sZ.jpg

Figured it was about time for me to create my own photo thread, similar to androiduk and tomms threads. Anyway here goes!

sAneR.jpg
haha! only just realized this guys wearing a Canada goose! this is such an epic photo. this should be on 9gag!
.. I wonder what's the story behind how he got it... or maybe he's just trolling.

He is either not homeless or he is homeless and used to be well off but lost literally everything except the jacket and fancy bag. I am leaning towards option A.
Here is a heavily photoshopped pano from earlier today.

lL19fh6.jpg

I think I overdid it a bit.

Last edited:
haha! only just realized this guys wearing a Canada goose! this is such an epic photo. this should be on 9gag!
.. I wonder what's the story behind how he got it... or maybe he's just trolling.

Those jackets are so ubiquitous these days it could have just fallen out of the sky...

Great thread, btw!

Great thread! Always love to look through photos of my city, especially when they're of a good quality like these! :)

How can you afford a Canada Geese coat and be homeless? Lol

Great shots, sMTer

You can't, but sometimes people who come from a life of privilege decide they have enough to spare. Or it's not a real one, or it is ripped somewhere so someone tossed it. Lastly, might be someone with a sense of style realized how damn ugly the jackets are and they were ashamed to wear it.  (plus how unnecessary they are for this un-arctic climate and how everyone has one, So plenty of reasons IMO not to have/get one or to give one away)
Great pics btw!!!!!!

Last edited:
The first minutes of what might be a huge snowstorm:

Next Stop by Jack.Landau, on Flickr

And more of the St Clair ROW:

Cold Commuters by Jack.Landau, on Flickr

I kind of have an artistic obsession with the colour red. Our city can be so monochromatic some times and the occasional bright flashes of red on our city streets seem to make all the other colours fade away momentarily.

Last edited:

Back