Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Sure but if you look at a lot of recent medium/large developments Toronto is really lagging behind the suburbs.

Perhaps, if you're into repetition. Otherwise, you are out of your mind. I can only hope Toronto continues to move away from a decade of towers on weak podiums. For York Region though, Langstaff towers on podiums are downright innovative compared to today's Liberty's Central Park in Thornhill/Vaughan and the Times Group's Galleria in Thornhill/Markham.

P.S. you may want to look over that Downtown Markham plan again and note the hundreds of surface parking lot spaces in the commercial designated areas.

Perhaps, if you're into repetition. Otherwise, you are out of your mind. I can only hope Toronto continues to move away from a decade of towers on weak podiums. For York Region though, Langstaff towers on podiums are downright innovative compared to today's Liberty's Central Park in Thornhill/Vaughan and the Times Group's Galleria in Thornhill/Markham.

P.S. you may want to look over that Downtown Markham plan again and note the hundreds of surface parking lot spaces in the commercial designated areas.

Right, well I was referring to those two new developments only, the rest i.e. what's currently present is laughable at best ... agreed. What parking lots in downtown Markham ! ... I'm referring to the area east of Warden South of Hi-way 7. There are no parking lots!

Either way I still raise the question, how is this proposal better?

TWM ... out of curiosity, would you know what colour of glass / spandrel they will be using on Solaris?

Would it be:
  • dark blue like CIRCA?
  • bright blue like ACCOLADE?
  • dark grey like ULTRA OVATION? or
  • light grey like 360?

Construction has informed me that the tint of the glass and spandrels is not finalized. Once it gets approval I'll post it here.

image1.jpg

The second crane is going up today.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 286
thanks Carter ... that second crane is for construction of Solaris Tower 1 ... a third crane will be also hoisted onto the site shortly for construction of Solaris Tower 2

May 3 2009 update

I'm happy to see that some good progress is being made ... :)

I think this is where the crane for Solaris Tower 2 will rise shortly ~

IMG_3769.jpg

Last edited:
Address Updated

The municipal address for Solaris 1+2 have been revised to:

Solaris 1: 125 Village Green Square
Solaris 2: 135 Village Green Square

May 17 2009 update

slowly but surely ... progress being made at Solaris ~

Last edited:
Crane Rising ~

3rd crane being erected on site today (to build Solaris Tower 2) ... guess who's happy ;)

source: Tridel's webcam

Last edited:
Crane's arm being installed today ~ (a little shorter than I expected though)

source: Tridel's webcam

Last edited:
Crane's Up ~

PE ... indeed that was back half of the crane seen in the above pic ... but the front 'arm' has also been since installed ~ :)

Last edited:
June 14 2009 update

progress being made mostly on the west half of the site

my long awaited Solaris 2 crane ~ :)

IMG_3902.jpg

Last edited:
nice picture Solaris, If I am not mistaken, it seems these condo projects do not have a deep base foundation or very deep undergound parking lot, it looks they just started construction one level below undergound I don't know if they can stood up to 40 storey

Back